“My dream to play for Real Madrid”

is it? Heard this since I was a kid, but their fans are awful, boo bale who won 4 European cups

This line I’ve heard from every player ever, maybe lads growing up in mainland Europe it is the dream, I dunno

Or it could be PR bullshit

All the journos saying good move for hazard, it obviously is, but saying because he’s dreamed since he was a child etc

Bullshit
so you don't think kids dream of playing for the bigest clubs

i'd say you are the one spreading bullshit here fella

You say that now, but that definitely won’t have been the case say 10 years ago. Barca have caught up a lot recently but these are dreams from 15-20-25 years ago when these lads were kids
Hazard born in the 90s which would mean in his lifetime much like mine Barca have been better. But to counteract that if your parents grew up in 50/60/70s real Madrid are obviously a mega force and they might well have influenced the younger generation. Mind you Real Madrid have hardly been shite in my life time.

Hazard born in the 90s which would mean in his lifetime much like mine Barca have been better. But to counteract that if your parents grew up in 50/60/70s real Madrid are obviously a mega force and they might well have influenced the younger generation. Mind you Real Madrid have hardly been shite in my life time.
Since 2000

Madrid - 6 La Ligas
Barca - 8 La Ligas

Madrid - 5 Champions Leagues
Barca - 4 Champons Leagues

so they ain;t been that far behind Barcelona if at all

Since 2000

Madrid - 6 La Ligas
Barca - 8 La Ligas

Closer than I thought. Just seems like Barca have dominated them domestically with cup wins too. What a nice problem both clubs have had

I was born 1989 so pretty much the same age. Madrid were a much bigger club (not necessarily the same as successful) until around 2005 when Messi came around. They spent my whole childhood hoovering up the worlds best players - fat Ronaldo, Zidane and Kaka being the real eye catching ones. They’ve also been arguably more successful, at least in Europe, recently - 4 CLs in 5 years takes some beating.

I’d say from my experiences they’ve been massively more appealing than Barcelona. Not sure appealing is the same as successful per se, and I won’t argue against Barca being the better team at present.

When I was a kid I dreamed of playing for Real Madrid. I also dreamed of playing for Barcelona, Juventus, AC Milan and Ajax! Also dreamt of playing for Sunderland and Bohemians. And I still do.

People have dreams, especially kids.

They is some right miserable boring gits on here.:lol:

I hate the self entitled ***** but fuck I wish I was playing for them :lol: the twat fans could boo till their hearts content and I wouldn’t care

Helps when the Spanish royal family are behind you and you don't have the same restrictions as other clubs, it stinks and has done for years tbh

The Spanish king is a well known Atletico fan.
Our king-to-be supports Aston fecking Villa.
But many people are right. Real are absolute cernts of the highest order.

Their first 6 European Cups dont count for me as there was no UK teams in the competition.

Last edited:
is it? Heard this since I was a kid, but their fans are awful, boo bale who won 4 European cups

This line I’ve heard from every player ever, maybe lads growing up in mainland Europe it is the dream, I dunno

Or it could be PR bullshit

All the journos saying good move for hazard, it obviously is, but saying because he’s dreamed since he was a child etc

Bullshit
It's the same as when players sign for us and say we're a massive club and it's their dream to play in front of 40,000.

Since 2000

Madrid - 6 La Ligas
Barca - 8 La Ligas

Add to the names RM have signed in the last 20 years. I know Barca have had some great players but RM have signed
Ronaldo
Figo
Zidane
Beckham
Ramos
Robinho
Batista
Cannavaro
RVN
Robben
Ronaldo
Kaka
Benzema
Di Maria
Ozil
Carvalho
Modric
Essien
Bale
James

That’s not even scratched the surface. That would have been the transfers through Hazards childhood and career. Getting his name amongst them would be special.

Dreaming of playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world, I get.

What I really don’t like, is Hazard kissing the Real Madrid badge.

He is like 99.99% of footballers. A mercenary looking to earn as much as is possible.
He has signed for the biggest club on the planet. Probably earning 300k-400k a week.
The PR tells him "don't forget to kiss the badge and say you always wanted to play for RM".
Simple really.

I was born 1989 so pretty much the same age. Madrid were a much bigger club (not necessarily the same as successful) until around 2005 when Messi came around. They spent my whole childhood hoovering up the worlds best players - fat Ronaldo, Zidane and Kaka being the real eye catching ones. They’ve also been arguably more successful, at least in Europe, recently - 4 CLs in 5 years takes some beating.

I’d say from my experiences they’ve been massively more appealing than Barcelona. Not sure appealing is the same as successful per se, and I won’t argue against Barca being the better team at present.
Much bigger club?, I fail to see how people can think it. More successful, but much bigger? No

The Spanish king is a well known Atletico fan.
Our king-to-be supports Aston fecking Villa.
But many people are right. Real are absolute cernts of the highest order.

Their first 6 European Cups dont count for me as there was no UK teams in the competition.
The European cup was first played in 1955 and Real's 6th win was 1966 UK teams most certainly were in the competition.

The European cup was first played in 1955 and Real's 6th win was 1966 UK teams most certainly were in the competition.
Oh and their 2nd one they beat Man It's in the semi final.

Oh and their 2nd one they beat Man in the semi final.

Oh and their 2nd one they beat Man Utd in the semi final.

Last edited:

Back