“Have you got the right time please?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people say that? Why not just “have you got the time?”

Was there a time when pranksters going around deliberately telling people the wrong time ? So now everyone is paranoid and needs to specify the ‘right time’

Why do people say that? Why not just “have you got the time?”

Was there a time when pranksters going around deliberately telling people the wrong time ? So now everyone is paranoid and needs to specify the ‘right time’

Don’t think I’ve ever been asked specifically for the ‘right’ time. Just the time.

I don't think I have been asked for the time by anyone in forever... do people still do that? I figure most have cell phones to check...

I remember the last time someone asked me if I had the right time in London. Randomer chinned the twat, everyone was dancing on his lifeless body whilst a witch doctor performed the kings cross ressurection spell. Then out of no where appeared jamie vardy, we did heavy lines, multiple blue wkd's, the night was strong.

Pisspots and crack heads.

Renowned for it.
Fair point... but it's usually just to get your attention so that they can ask you for money - not sure that counts as they really don't give a shit what time it is...

Yeah, used to hear this a lot. As well as people looking at clocks (in a library) and saying 'Is that the right time?' I think it harks back to the days when watches/clocks weren't so reliable. Council clocks never were. So an answer could have been 'Well my watch says half three, but it's possibly a bit slow'. I'm guessing the person asking this is older? :lol:

It literally just happened to me there. Made me think

was the person asking not doing so because they had the wrong time (i.e their watch had stopped)? By stating the right time it shows that they're not being totally dense asking for an answer that they've got attached to their wrist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back