“Falklands will be under Argentine control within 20 years”, Timerman tells UK media

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: “Falklands will be under Argentine control within 20 years”, Timerman tells UK me

can we not just sell it.. couple hundred billion shoudl cover it...

Or maybe rent it to them for 10 billion a year

Re: “Falklands will be under Argentine control within 20 years”, Timerman tells UK me

can we not just sell it.. couple hundred billion shoudl cover it...

Or maybe rent it to them for 10 billion a year

you think they even have 10billion?

and whos going to collect the rent when its late? :lol:

maybe falklands will vote to be part of argentina??

Aye, that's why they all fly union jacks down there :roll:
Oh ! and on another note for the knackers that say it's not ours, we were on those islands a few hundred years ago before the Argentines.

Last edited by a moderator:

http://www.argentinaindependent.com...-malvinas-son-argentinas-who-taught-you-that/

Behind the obsessive mantra “Las Malvinas son argentinas“, lies a whole set of patriotic messages children come in contact with from a very young age, at school.

With the aim of tracing the origins of the widespread malvinero nationalism back to school, Carlos Escudé, a renowned political scientist and leading figure at the CONICET, analysed the way geography was taught in Argentina from 1879 to 1986.

The results of his study, conducted in 2000 by examining 77 geography textbooks used in primary and secondary schools, were stunning.

What Escudé calls “the indoctrination about territorial nationalism” is a process that consolidated around 1945, more than a century after the islands were taken over by the British.

“Geography textbooks printed before the 1940s attributed to Argentina a territory of 2.800.000 km2, while later textbooks attributed it lands for approximately 4.000.000 km2,” he wrote in his essay.

I really wish all this shite about the Falkland Islands would just stop and leave the folk down there to themselves, without this worry of another invasion on the horizon. The are British citizens and want to remain such, simple as that

Well, I am afraid neither Argentina, nor the rest of the world will be able to ignore us come 11 March, when as a people we will stand together and announce loudly and unequivocally how we wish to live our lives. I have no doubt as to how the majority will vote, and independent observers from around the world will be there to witness and provide assurance that the referendum has been held fairly and transparently, and that our views are freely expressed. Sadly, the Argentinian government has already dismissed the outcome of this referendum before it has even been held, and is seeking means to ensure that the process cannot be independently verified; indeed the Administration has stated publicly that the Argentinian foreign minister is actively lobbying countries not to send observers to witness our referendum. Despite Timerman and his colleagues' best efforts, the world will get to hear our voice and hear our wishes.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/feb/06/argentina-ignore-rights-falkland-islanders

Sad as fuck.

you think they even have 10billion?

and whos going to collect the rent when its late? :lol:

send the bailiffs round.. we get it back and a chunk of argentina as late payment

There seems to be quite a negative feeling towards Argentina on this thread...
Have you forgotten how many
Logon or register to see this image
uropeans they 'rescued' after WWII? stir stir

Aye, that's why they all fly union jacks down there :roll:
Oh ! and on another note for the knackers that say it's not ours, we were on those islands a few hundred years ago before the Argentines.

exactly what or who are argentines

Surely the decendants of europeans who colonised that part of the world to the cost of the local indian population

that is their arguemant about the falkland islanders so that makes them hypocrites as well

It's quite bizarre to see the whole SMB in agreement on an issue :lol:

It's quite bizarre to see the whole SMB in agreement on an issue :lol:

It most certainly isn't however its all been done before. strong opinions on both sides both right and wrong.

It most certainly isn't however its all been done before. strong opinions on both sides both right and wrong.

i understood you criticised the war and how we defended to islands but you don't agree with us keeping the islands either despite the islanders wishing to remain British? the plot thickens

i understood you criticised the war and how we defended to islands but you don't agree with us keeping the islands either despite the islanders wishing to remain British? the plot thickens

Keeping the islands British costs an estimated 40 million pounds a year, id personally like that money spent on our childrens education, our health service, public services here in the UK.
Im pretty sure The Gas reserves found must be worth a fortune because im sure thats the real and only reason and nothing to do with the islanders wishs.

Why not stick Argentina on your ignore list lads?

They just want attention - The Turnip of The Tip of the world.

Keeping the islands British costs an estimated 40 million pounds a year, id personally like that money spent on our childrens education, our health service, public services here in the UK.

Not that much though mate, less than a quid a person and far less than that spunked by clever chaps in the City.

Im pretty sure The Gas reserves found must be worth a fortune because im sure thats the real and only reason and nothing to do with the islanders wishs.

Oh ok then. A tiny amount to our govt such as 40mil or tell the British people living there they are no longer British or if they want to remain British, move to Britain?

So we just let the RG's have them aswell as our people who they have stated would be moved from the islands if they had power...no mention as to where they would be moved to.

Why not stick Argentina on your ignore list lads?

They just want attention - The Turnip of The Tip of the world.

Not that much though mate, less than a quid a person and far less than that spunked by clever chaps in the City.

:lol::lol:

Oh ok then. A tiny amount to our govt such as 40mil or tell the British people living there they are no longer British or if they want to remain British, move to Britain?

So we just let the RG's have them aswell as our people who they have stated would be moved from the islands if they had power...no mention as to where they would be moved to.

Fcuk off fella, your spoiling for a fight and ive got bigger and better things to do.

Fcuk off fella, your spoiling for a fight and ive got bigger and better things to do.

I'm asking what you suggest based on your last post as you dont go into detail as to what to do with the people. in doing this i made some suggestions in just leaving them to the RG's.

you need to calm down :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back