‘We are a young side’

But, but , but the money, what about the money logic says buy our way out sensibybuythatigtot wrswewillchoose the path that definitey will not work

Anyone else getting sick of hearing this ?

It’s used both as a positive and a negative and to no real gain.

The experience level is low, summer window and Evans injury made sure of that.
We have chosen to be a young side

Even last year used to roll my eyes at people loving the fact our average age as a team was 12

It’s the perfect excuse for an owner who doesn’t want to spend any money, and fans gullible enough to accept it as some sort of stroke of genius “model”.
We've spent more money on transfers than every other club in the championship over the last two seasons

We have chosen to be a young side

Even last year used to roll my eyes at people loving the fact our average age as a team was 12

Aye. As if it’s some sort of achievement to collect academy players that other clubs didn’t want to play in their own first teams.

Literally any club could do that. They don’t, because it ends up with what we saw this week, three times.

Proof? Sure I’ve asked you this about 5 times now.
Youve asked once.
You prove that we haven't.

We have taken in 12 mil?
Stewart , Gooch and lihadji.

Weve bought about 16 players since promotion

There are few clubs who are in a transfer surplus. Most clubs have to sell to finance the club.

We've spent more money on transfers than every other club in the championship over the last two seasons
Or we’ve bought a load of kids hoping some will come up trumps money wise / transfer out, rather than targeting the areas we really are short of players. What do we have 29 in the squad or some such and we still have gaps in the team, never mind cover for those gaps

Youve asked once.
You prove that we haven't.

We have taken in 12 mil?
Stewart , Gooch and lihadji.

Weve bought about 16 players since promotion

There are few clubs who are in a transfer surplus. Most clubs have to sell to finance the club.

That’s not proof. It’s not for me to disprove a speculative nonsense that you’re just thrown out in to the ether.

Do you have any proof or not?

Show us the figures. Was it money well spent?
Yeah
The squad is worth way more than what we paid for.
We can now compete with championship clubs.
When we came up we couldn't financially as we had league one players worth nowt.

They had players worth millions.
Theres cov - they could spend 40 mil this summer - we couldn't do that - cos they sold 2 players worth 50.

Boro Swansea Watford etc - all sold players worth millions so cab buy far better players than we can.

We are now just as financially able as a lot of them.
And doing just as good as Boro / Watford (they sold 100 mil of players the last two yrs) etc.

Did anyone else hear the interview the other day. The kid a couple of days ago. Arrogance, he knows you know. Yhings are not changing, soon be ST time.

Or we’ve bought a load of kids hoping some will come up trumps money wise / transfer out, rather than targeting the areas we really are short of players. What do we have 29 in the squad or some such and we still have gaps in the team, never mind cover for those gaps
Of course we have.
How else could we compete financially with established championship clubs who regularly sell players for 10 mil plus

Speakman willing not to have a senior striker for the best part of 2 years and 3 consecutive transfer windows. I can't take him or "the model" seriously.

Very swift at sacking Beale, talking of high performance and improved. The total contrast of behaviours shown when it comes to recruitment in the most important area of the pitch.

Yeah
The squad is worth way more than what we paid for.
We can now compete with championship clubs.
When we came up we couldn't financially as we had league one players worth nowt.

They had players worth millions.
Theres cov - they could spend 40 mil this summer - we couldn't do that - cos they sold 2 players worth 50.

Boro Swansea Watford etc - all sold players worth millions so cab buy far better players than we can.

We are now just as financially able as a lot of them.
And doing just as good as Boro / Watford (they sold 100 mil of players the last two yrs) etc.

Where are these figures?

You’ve got multiple posters asking you now.

Can you prove your claim or not? It’s a simple question.

Aye. As if it’s some sort of achievement to collect academy players that other clubs didn’t want to play in their own first teams.

Literally any club could do that. They don’t, because it ends up with what we saw this week, three times.
Yep mate

Ipswich have an average age of 27 but are third I mean 🤷‍♂️

Back