‘The real story of the takeover’

Excuse my ignorance, but I don't understand how SD (or anyone else for that matter) could (allegedly) borrow money from a business he didn't own to buy that very business?
I'm unsure myself. That's what the article states and Donald tweeted saying the £25 million parachute payment used for early payment will be paid back by Madrox.

The problem is IF he sells and doesn't repay the £32 million that's being reported then he has basically took that from the club. That's why people are concerned.

Apparently bought the club for £37million from Short, used £5 million of his own money and used £32million of the club's. If he sells now for let's say £40 million. Would he repay the £32 million and take the £8 mil himself or would he take the whole £40 million, leaving us losing £32mil?
Why do you automatically think the worst?Have they done anything yet to indicate that they have anything but the best interests of club and supporters to the fore?

The problem is IF he sells and doesn't repay the £32 million that's being reported then he has basically took that from the club. That's why people are concerned.

Apparently bought the club for £37million from Short, used £5 million of his own money and used £32million of the club's. If he sells now for let's say £40 million. Would he repay the £32 million and take the £8 mil himself or would he take the whole £40 million, leaving us losing £32mil?
And the 500k per week that the club was losing? would he be entitled to take that back? Rough maths equates that out to 25 million

So you would be happy for them to take £32 million from the club's funds? Unbelievable
Not at all, but they haven’t said they will do that, this is all just shit stirring. I’m just saying even if it did occur, the club would still be in a better position than this time last year when we had debts around £150 mil.

And the 500k per week that the club was losing? would he be entitled to take that back? Rough maths equates that out to 25 million
The club is not losing £500k per week though. If he was meant to pay Short £37million and only paid £5mil of his own and the rest from the club surely he should return that money if / when he sells though.

The club is not losing £500k per week though. If he was meant to pay Short £37million and only paid £5mil of his own and the rest from the club surely he should return that money if / when he sells though.
Harry, chill out. We are one game from promotion lad. This article is designed to wind up sections of our support at a key time, don’t buy into it and just support everyone and everything to do with the club. SD is doing a podcast after so I’m sure will clarify then

Not at all, but they haven’t said they will do that, this is all just shit stirring. I’m just saying even if it did occur, the club would still be in a better position than this time last year when we had debts around £150 mil.
Thanks to Short clearing the debts. IF what is reported is true and they have used the club's funds and sell the club and don't repay the club would be £32 million worse off thanks to them

Thanks to Short clearing the debts. IF what is reported is true and they have used the club's funds and sell the club and don't repay the club would be £32 million worse off thanks to them
Me thinks that the use of "IF" shows that you're The Rat reincarnated.

For what it's worth think of it this way...

The 32 million was going to be spent one way or another. Either the new owners reached into their own pockets and then pocketed the 32 million once they owned the club or it was used to help in funding the purchase. Either way it was going to be spent,

The Rat's other account ^ :lol:
Beat me to it :D:lol:

Lets think. Have we got an important game this weekend?

Mags in the media have been doing this for years .
IMO the Mags in the media are just worried that SAFC could be one step closer to competing on a level footing in the fairly near future if we manage to get promoted through the playoffs, the longer we spend in League 1, the easier it is for NUFC to either retain or expand their support in the North East, this is all timed by the Magmedia to keep us down and not be a threat to the so called "Geordie Nation".

IMO the Mags in the media are just worried that SAFC could be one step closer to competing on a level footing in the fairly near future if we manage to get promoted through the playoffs, the longer we spend in League 1, the easier it is for NUFC to either retain or expand their support in the North East, this is all timed by the Magmedia to keep us down and not be a threat to the so called "Geordie Nation".
Rafa is after lebensraum then?

Back