£9.4 billion

Status
Not open for further replies.
the lad asked why you did the poo-pooing. i'd also be intrigued to hear it.

Because it won't work as he suggests. It will merely take away from the rest of the country and will cost 50% more than the projected cost.
It could be spent better. I bet the majority of the work and stock is done by foreign firms too.

Because it won't work as he suggests. It will merely take away from the rest of the country and will cost 50% more than the projected cost.
It could be spent better. I bet the majority of the work and stock is done by foreign firms too.

see, could've save a few minutes there bristow lad. it's all about efficiency.

The olympics is under budget. I heard Boris on the news this morning ???

How will it take away from the country?

If you develop transport infrastructure you put the building blocks in place for the economy to function efficiently - this is one part of that jigsaw. The CBI have been asking for these kinds of projects because it can kick-start the economy.

And it looks like Bombardier (Derby) will be getting a big contract for the work.

How will it take away from the country?

If you develop transport infrastructure you put the building blocks in place for the economy to function efficiently - this is one part of that jigsaw. The CBI have been asking for these kinds of projects because it can kick-start the economy.

And it looks like Bombardier (Derby) will be getting a big contract for the work.

Bolded words suggest an ideal. The North will not improve due to this rail improvement in my opinion.

Bolded words suggest an ideal. The North will not improve due to this rail improvement in my opinion.

it will provide employment and as your man says improved infrastructure. at the moment it is money in a pot doing feck all. people keep wanting the government to spend money on public projects like this. well done to them i say.

the big fare increases however, i don't agree with. 3% above inflation is crackers.

it will provide employment and as your man says improved infrastructure. at the moment it is money in a pot doing feck all. people keep wanting the government to spend money on public projects like this. well done to them i say.

the big fare increases however, i don't agree with. 3% above inflation is crackers.

Qed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back