£80m Maguire, £45m Dunk, £25m Webster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its why im so glad we have Marcel Brands as DOF the blokes been fantastic at getting value for money, considering all the shite we signed for big money under Walsh (5th highest spending club since 2016 in England) he's signed to date:

Lossl: Free
Bernard: Free
Delph: £9 million
Digne: £18 million
Gomes: £22 milllion
Gbamin: £25 million
Mina: £28.5 million
Kean: £27 million (rising to £36 million)
Richarlison: £40 million

Obviously if we sign Zaha before the windows close it'll be for an inflated fee but so far he's steered us away from the current mess of the Premier League its become a farce for transfers.

I’ve been banging on about this on every thread about crazy prices for centre backs for the last few years, but, i’ll say it again... the easiest way to make money in football is to collect young, tall, strong, preferably English, centre backs and play with a very defensively-minded team (midfield virtually sat on top of the defence, narrow fullbacks etc) - you’ll not concede many goals, and the media will constantly big up your central defensive partnership (and keeper) - then sell the central defenders for inflated prices

You’re not wrong at all. Adding to that have an English full back and stick him on every corner and free kick then talk up his assists in the media. 50m overnight.

The number 4 from Oxford Dickie will be going for similar within a couple years. Maybe I’m overestimating him as he was up against Grigg

Unrelated & I'm sure you don't care but (until a couple of seasons ago our transfer record was 2m), we've now signed a 17 year old with 3 senior appearances for €10m, mental.

Harry Maguire’s £80 million move confirmed.

He’s been relegated at least twice in his career, a lot of fans would use that against him at the time no doubt.

There was daft sacks saying John Egan won’t be worth 15 million, is it really that far-fetched now? Even if Sheff Utd are relegated.

prem clubs make profits..thye dont have benefactors..
burnley makes avst profit and stays up every year..if they can we can..and better
Every year? They have stayed up for 3 years, twice with 40 points.
They are doing well certainly and are a good example but it’s a very limited way of doing it.

Absolute joke.

£25m for a defender from Bristol City.
we ere linked at 5 mill season or so ago, in todays prices its unreal to say we would need a arab to compete in the champs ffs .sky tv monies have a lot to ansa for .spoilt the game and kills off smaller clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back