£80m Maguire, £45m Dunk, £25m Webster

Said a few seasons ago that we should have been in for Dunk, think he was valued at 5 million at the time. Insane how much defenders cost these days that will still make mistakes.

I’ve been banging on about this on every thread about crazy prices for centre backs for the last few years, but, i’ll say it again... the easiest way to make money in football is to collect young, tall, strong, preferably English, centre backs and play with a very defensively-minded team (midfield virtually sat on top of the defence, narrow fullbacks etc) - you’ll not concede many goals, and the media will constantly big up your central defensive partnership (and keeper) - then sell the central defenders for inflated prices

Money for players in England has gone mad. If you compare it to what you can get on the continent it's crazy! When you see Wolves paying £16m for Patrick Cutrone from AC Milan and Sheffield United paying £20m for Oliver McBurnie it tells you all you need to know.

I'd imagine that Cutrone will be getting a lot more in terms of wages than McBurnie. Also, worth remembering that a lot of fees are reported as the maximum they can reach. I suspect that both Webster and McBurnie's fees especially will be dependent on a lot of clauses. Then there's how the money is paid - WOlves may be paying for Cutrone up front whereas Sheffield Utd could pay instalments for McBurnie.

I’ve been banging on about this on every thread about crazy prices for centre backs for the last few years, but, i’ll say it again... the easiest way to make money in football is to collect young, tall, strong, preferably English, centre backs and play with a very defensively-minded team (midfield virtually sat on top of the defence, narrow fullbacks etc) - you’ll not concede many goals, and the media will constantly big up your central defensive partnership (and keeper) - then sell the central defenders for inflated prices

Yup, the only problem is that it is crap to watch for the support!

Webster played for Pompey. An absolute Royce of a defender. Would of been nice to have a sell on Clause but we swapped him for Matt Clarke for Ipswich and some money

Back