£80m Maguire, £45m Dunk, £25m Webster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being on the receiving end of one of those transfers would straighten out a few issues for us.
we were..in the prem we sold pickford for a record fee, henderson for a big fee for the time, even bent for a big fee for the time..
but were so shockingly badly run..we still ended up skint..
I get your sentiment marra but, if Bristolcity are selling players for £25 million it's only putting championship teams further ahead of us.
why? look at the spenidng in the champo this year..fuck all being spent now...
BCFC owner is someon I have met..v rich but not a benefactor type..

This..The sad thing is those stupid fees at the top trickle down to the lower leagues. I'm expecting a few clubs to go the journey in the next few years.
I was asked by the lads doing the latest Netflix videos, just before last Christmas I think it was, and said that football would be unrecognisable in ten years and that Sky have royally fucked the show up big style...You see if Sky are doing matches the way they are in ten years, its unsustainable. One of the reasons BT pulled back from the football side was that their business plan was unsustainable but the CEO at the time (who is no longer CEO) fecked up with their projections of revenue..

Transfer fees and wages, especially in this country, are increasing ridiculously quickly. It has, at sometime, got to get to the point where Sky find football not sustainable financially, as clubs demand more cash to cover their costs and pull the plug. We will see big clubs going under very quickly then due to the extortionate wage bills.Its not a case of if but when. Its simple economics.

Last edited:
Hard to see how we will ever catch up tbh. Don’t really want to see us wasting that much money in all honesty

Hard to see how we will ever catch up tbh. Don’t really want to see us wasting that much money in all honesty
burnley are a great example for us..fuck all money behind them like...but make a profit every year and spend quite bigg..

we can be a bigger version of them..

Transfer fees and wages, especially in this country, are increasing ridiculously quickly. It has, at sometime, got to get to the point where Sky find football not sustainable financially, as clubs demand more cash to cover their costs and pull the plug. We will see big clubs going under very quickly then due to the extortionate wage bills.Its not a case of if but when. Its simple economics.
the deals are done numerous years in advance and last for years

the clubs would have time to adjust contracts if the needed
which they won't foreign tv prob makes up a lot more than sky nowadays
the last deal to be signed

9.2bn gbp total for 2019-2022
4.2bn of that is from foreign tv
5bn UK rights which was DOWN on the previos deal, so any shortfall was more than made up fro from abroad

that 5bn includes both SKy and BT so foreign rights are the biggest source of income now

Last edited:
Unless we get someone mega rich we will always be back to being a yo-yo club, we can't compete with any team in the prem now.

:)
Looks like us selling Webster is the key to Brighton selling Dunk & Maguire going to United for 70m. Apparently, we're holding out for 30m, which to me is absolutely insane. Bristol City selling a defender for 30 million, when will the bubble pop?

Last edited:
We are probably better off out of this madness until it calms down

Theres no better time to be a well ran English football team. Find a young player that is capable of playing premier league football and your talking 8 figures straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back