£500 voucher for retail and hospitality

Status
Not open for further replies.

How do people qualify for it ? This government can’t roll out PPE and testing let alone universal vouchers. Cynic in me suggests it’s total hot air and only a minute percentage of people will utilise it. If John McDonnell proposed this it would be called loony left policy, communist etc.

Lad opposite me in the office is over the moon at saving £1500.

Shame for all the people who completed in the last couple of weeks as this money could have been used in retail and hospitality instead..
The real problem is that banks have withdrawn most of the 10% deposit mortgages and are asking for 15% or more as a deposit, making it difficult for first time buyers. My daughter being one of them, getting approved in principle then getting her offer accepted, only to find that the deposit needed has increased. As she is moving over 150 miles for a new job she is just hoping that the lender will honour the approval n principle, but is concerned that they will not.

The real problem is that banks have withdrawn most of the 10% deposit mortgages and are asking for 15% or more as a deposit, making it difficult for first time buyers. My daughter being one of them, getting approved in principle then getting her offer accepted, only to find that the deposit needed has increased. As she is moving over 150 miles for a new job she is just hoping that the lender will honour the approval n principle, but is concerned that they will not.
That's a nightmare. This lad did his mortgage application the day before rate and deposit changed. I guess it helped him having his mate doing his mortgage and got the heads up

I wonder if you can use this £10 off on top of merekat meals (given that's essentially all it is anyway). The prices will have gone up, so won't get the real benefit of the VAT cut.

So can someone explain this vat cut. Are they expected to charge less and pay less vat or will the prices stay the same but the business gets more of the cash?
It'll be up to the business I suppose.
I'd keep prices the same, but then if business was slow I then have the opportunity to reduce prices.

Punters will see zero savings from Vat cut. Prices will be high due to demand as well.
No shock to see the £500 was a fantasy
If the VAT decrease was on alcohol we wouldn’t have reduced our prices, we’ve got a canny big deficit to make up and that’d have helped a lot...I’d imagine most other places would think the same.

Would this include brasses, because they've been hit hard, so to speak, by this whole crisis, and I honestly believe this government would be daft enough to offer that?

Edit: forgot to mention I was asking for a friend.

The fruiterer in Murton? I wouldn't have thought so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back