£167m Lottery tonight.

First thing I wouldn’t do is tell anybody.

I’d buy a Land Rover Defender and a farm house in Northumberland . Nobody would know, they’d just think I am still a bit odd.

I wouldn’t work in my current job any more, but again nobody knows when i am away with work or working from home so nobody would know the difference.

So many things I want to do that would now be possible as I’d have the money and the time since I’d no longer have to work go pay the mortgage.

I have 3 tickets.... what time is the draw?

You'd buy a massive telescope.

First thing I wouldn’t do is tell anybody.
I wondered if you could get away with that. Suppose it depends on your lifestyle.

With that game where you can win £10k a month you maybe could if you put a lot of it away. It's unlikely you'll be rushing out to buy mansions and supercars, but over time people will start wondering how you're doing so well sat on your arse all day.

A £167m lumper has got to be harder to keep secret. You could probably lie about the amount but it's such a vast sum it would be hard to be modest with it.

I wondered if you could get away with that. Suppose it depends on your lifestyle.

With that game where you can win £10k a month you maybe could if you put a lot of it away. It's unlikely you'll be rushing out to buy mansions and supercars, but over time people will start wondering how you're doing so well sat on your arse all day.

A £167m lumper has got to be harder to keep secret. You could probably lie about the amount but it's such a vast sum it would be hard to be modest with it.
It would be difficult but I could do it. I’ve no desire for a Ferrari. If a Land Rover arrived on my drive people would just continue thinking I’m a bit daft. I’d help pay off people’s mortgages, although that is tricky as the lottery win is tax-free but donations to others are not. There must be some way of making the money go further. I’d pay the same amount they would have paid tax to causes of my own choice as I wouldn’t trust this government to spend anything correctly. Anybody whose mortgage I helped with would need to sign an NDA and would lose the donation if they told anybody. I’d make that that crystal clear over a long chat over a bottle of bubbly.

It would be difficult but I could do it. I’ve no desire for a Ferrari. If a Land Rover arrived on my drive people would just continue thinking I’m a bit daft. I’d help pay off people’s mortgages, although that is tricky as the lottery win is tax-free but donations to others are not. There must be some way of making the money go further. I’d pay the same amount they would have paid tax to causes of my own choice as I wouldn’t trust this government to spend anything correctly. Anybody whose mortgage I helped with would need to sign an NDA and would lose the donation if they told anybody. I’d make that that crystal clear over a long chat over a bottle of bubbly.
I dont mean to piss on your chips but it would be impossible to keep it a secret. Aye you dont need to go public but family, friends, acquaintances and people round where you live would know pretty quickly.

I'd see friends and family right like. I could give a million each to the nearest and dearest and still have £137m to fuck about with.

Mind, inheritance and gift taxation looks an absolute minefield.
yep, nearest and dearest never having to work again if they didn't want to

I asked my wife what she would do if I won the lottery. She said I'd take the half and leave you."

I said "Great, I won £10.00, here's £5.00, stay in touch"
A bloke told his missus he'd love to win big on the lottery. She said "But what about all the begging letters"? He said "Oh I'll still send them "
I'd buy this forum then rule with an iron fist.
51.89% would want to leave

Last edited:

Back