£167m Lottery tonight.

Is anybody playing this from overseas?

I bought a couple of tickets at the weekend and won £3.30 (two numbers). I then seen a message saying that you had to be in the UK. Imagine that? Winning £163 million and not being able to claim the money.

Anyway, i thought i would get my 15 year old daughter to put it on for me using my account... but could foresee a Rodney Trotter type situation.

In the end, i asked my brother, who is in London, to log into my account and buy me 2 tickets. My question, if i won the jackpot, would i encounter any issues in claiming my winnings?

Could still be won like, but I think they’re a fraction under the €190m maximum pot. So if it’s not won by me tonight, it’ll be win by me on Wednesday.
Don't think it has to be won, just the jackpot stops growing. Additional prize money goes to the tier below.

Source: I read it on here the other day, so it must be true.

Is anybody playing this from overseas?

I bought a couple of tickets at the weekend and won £3.30 (two numbers). I then seen a message saying that you had to be in the UK. Imagine that? Winning £163 million and not being able to claim the money.

Anyway, i thought i would get my 15 year old daughter to put it on for me using my account... but could foresee a Rodney Trotter type situation.

In the end, i asked my brother, who is in London, to log into my account and buy me 2 tickets. My question, if i won the jackpot, would i encounter any issues in claiming my winnings?
I would say you would. Assume they will ask for proof of you being domiciled in the UK.

I've never understood why people get all excited and put money on these big rollovers where they wouldn't normally play the lottery. Is 10 or 20 million not good enough for you like?

I would say you would. Assume they will ask for proof of you being domiciled in the UK.

I've never understood why people get all excited and put money on these big rollovers where they wouldn't normally play the lottery. Is 10 or 20 million not good enough for you like?

Could i not just say it was our 'syndacate' account? He is England still.

I'd keep it secret.

Tell work I've got another job and leave.
Tell my family I won 1 million, but swear them to secrecy.

If it got out that you won 167 million, it would ruin your life. Begging letters, the threat of burglaries, kidnapping, blackmail etc.

It’s like the lass in the audience questioning Lawrence Krauss about when the Andromeda Galaxy is going to collide with our Milky Way....

Lass: Did you say 5 billion years or 5 million years that the galaxies will collide?

Krauss: 5 billion

Lass: Phew, thank god for that

Other than try to keep it quiet, I’m not too sure what else I’d do. I’d have to give myself some serious time to consider my options. Draw up a list of all the family members, after immediate family, who actually are still speaking to me!

Wouldn’t give up work straightaway, not because I love my job or anything like that, but maybe see how far I could swing the lead a bit, or maybe work out when would be the most inconvenient time to hand in my notice. Like say when all out-of-hours duty roster has been sorted, everybody have sorted out their annual leave breaks, look at a time when leave and out-of-hours cover would inconveniently overlap... and then hand in notice. (Not that I’ve given it much thought or anything 😇 )

No, no it's not. I want £167m.

Edit - I would like £167m. I want never gets.

First significant buy would be a holiday i'd imagine to go away and try and sort my head out as to what im going to do.

I'd love the thought of sorting friends and family for life but would have to do it the right way otherwise they could go off the rails :lol:

Nice bit of land, build a house so i'd never have to move. Would be class to go and experience all the major sporting events (Masters, Superbowl, World Cups, Ashes) without worrying about costs

I’d sort my family and friends out first before I even thought about what to spend it on.

I also fancy making a proper difference to some random. Like just go and give someone a million quid out the blue. Make their day.

Was sure I heard it was the last one tonight... Apologies if not and I hope no one has told their boss to do one already...!

Or maybe it was a premonition and it will be won tonight... Hmmm. 🤔
Its reached it maximum amount but can rollover another 4 weeks but will def be won on the 5th week as it will then involve a roll down. So the next winning number if no jackpot would get a bigger cut. Say no one won jack pot of all numbers plus 2 bonus numbers then it will go to all plus 1 bonus then down to all numbers no bonus etc etc

Back