£16 for a can of lager 🤦🏻‍♂️

Nah, I wouldn’t buy the Omnipollo. I think it’s over priced. :lol: As it happens I’ve got an imperial stout that I’ll be having tonight that was a similar price but a) I was pissed when I bought it and b) it’s a 500ml bottle imported from America. It’s also barrel aged and made by one of the best breweries in the world (Finback) so even if it won’t be worth what I paid for it it should still be very nice.

The 12%er we’ve just put on is a Vocation, bargain at £6.40 a pint.
Ffs so you agree ya git tit :lol:

Enjoy mate. I’ve got a cracking Chablis chilling in the fridge and 2 bottles of orange wine.

Im sick of vocation. I got 96 cans of it for cheap a few months ago and still got a canny few left. You got a shop like?

Ffs so you agree ya git tit :lol:

Enjoy mate. I’ve got a cracking Chablis chilling in the fridge and 2 bottles of orange wine.

Im sick of vocation. I got 96 cans of it for cheap a few months ago and still got a canny few left. You got a shop like?
Couple of pubs rather than a shop, they’re the height of beer snobbery, I reckon you’d enjoy them. :lol:

Exactly mate. I’ll stick to wine. You don’t mind paying more for wine as there’s a skill involved. This is just wheat and water with some dark sugar put in.

Obviously yes.

If ever I have a stout I have it ice cold
Well everyone can discount what you say as you called an imperial stout a lager
I’m not sure id fancy a stout that was 21 degrees at the start…definitely wouldn’t serve most dark beers at fridge temp but I’d say between 12-15c is about right for me. I also think part of the enjoyment is to see how the flavour changes as the beer warms…but I’m a bit of a twat.

Malted barley not wheat in most cases mind.
Yeah fair enough, perhaps room temp too high. But definitely not fully chilled. They always taste better warmed a little.

On a serious note compared to the abomination of the thread title, the Siren CCC series are on beer merchants for a reasonable price and a discount code available. I got all four for under £18

Last edited:
Canny, where abouts like? I love beer believe it or not but get bored and end up on wine.
Both in Telford.

I love red wine but I’ve found with white I only like more expensive bottles for some reason.
Have you ever tried lambic? If you like natural wine they can be fairly close in flavour profile.
Good cross over for people who like dry or keeved ciders as well. Unfortunately as they’re not cheap it’s not always easy to get people to give them a go.

Last edited:
Look at the state of this. It has been reduced as well. Who is going to pay that man? £64 for four little cans :lol:

Beer prices are ridiculous these days.

At least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask.
I've paid more like. Had a bottle of goose island bourbon county stout one year, was about £20. Unbelievable like, lovely, but I wouldn't make a habit out of spending that much on a bottle regularly. Just had an urge to try it, glad I did, was unreal like I say. Liquid velvet

Both in Telford.

I love red wine but I’ve found with white I only like more expensive bottles for some reason.

Good cross over for people who like dry or keeved ciders as well. Unfortunately as they’re not cheap it’s not always easy to get people to give them a go.
Aye it's not cheap, but if you like natural wine you'll probably think it is. 16 quid for 750ml of a top quality lambic (e.g. Crossover) vs 30 for the English natural wine equivalent from someone like Renegade.

Have you ever tried lambic? If you like natural wine they can be fairly close in flavour profile.
Aye I have. I think they’re currently selling it in the punch bowl. I had a glass there. It’s like Sherry. I have just bought 3 bottles of 2018 Laneberg wine from them in Gateshead. They’ve packed in now like. Saving them for a later date. Have you tried any of them? They’re going for a canny bit now.

Logon or register to see this image

I’ve got 50 odd bottles of wine at the minute :lol:
Both in Telford.

Have you been to that place in Cornwall that makes rattler? They’re doing a brandy. I had it a few times at lenclume and it’s absolutely terrible. It’s like badly fermented cider. Really harsh and the opposite of smooth cognac.

Last edited:
Aye I have. I think they’re currently selling it in the punch bowl. I had a glass there. It’s like Sherry. I have just bought 3 bottles of 2018 Laneberg wine from them in Gateshead. They’ve packed in now like. Saving them for a later date. Have you tried any of them? They’re going for a canny bit now.

I’ve got 50 odd bottles of wine at the minute :lol:

Have you been to that place in Cornwall that makes rattler? They’re doing a brandy. I had it a few times at lenclume and it’s absolutely terrible. It’s like badly fermented cider. Really harsh and the opposite of smooth cognac.
I haven’t but that doesn’t surprise me, rattler is shite. :lol:

I've paid more like. Had a bottle of goose island bourbon county stout one year, was about £20. Unbelievable like, lovely, but I wouldn't make a habit out of spending that much on a bottle regularly. Just had an urge to try it, glad I did, was unreal like I say. Liquid velvet
Good lad. You know this was tongue in cheek. Have you had the one in my OP? Seems excessive
I haven’t but that doesn’t surprise me, rattler is shite. :lol:
Think it was £12 as an aperitif. Tasted like petrol.

Last edited:
Nah, I wouldn’t buy the Omnipollo. I think it’s over priced. :lol: As it happens I’ve got an imperial stout that I’ll be having tonight that was a similar price but a) I was pissed when I bought it and b) it’s a 500ml bottle imported from America. It’s also barrel aged and made by one of the best breweries in the world (Finback) so even if it won’t be worth what I paid for it it should still be very nice.

The 12%er we’ve just put on is a Vocation, bargain at £6.40 a pint.
Turns out this Finback is absolutely superb, thick and oily with just the right balance of bitterness and sweetness. Funnily enough, it reminds me of a really good Omnipollo.

Every craft ale I've had tasted like an standard IPA mixed with Lilt. I'll stick with whichever lager is on offer at Tesco, £10.99 for a box of 18.

A good ‘craft ale’ can be fantastic, but I 100% get what you are saying and a lot of the supermarket canned ales from ‘craft breweries’ definitely match your description

A good ‘craft ale’ can be fantastic, but I 100% get what you are saying and a lot of the supermarket canned ales from ‘craft breweries’ definitely match your description
I’ve got a good 100 beers in the house and tbh I’m absolutely sick of them. Monty is having a laugh there but to a degree he has a point. A lot of them are shite. Mind it’s a lot better than the 90s where we got totally overran by mass produced rubbish.

We are all part of a simulation to see how much gullible people will pay for a bang average product before they say enough is enough. Make it a 330 instead of a 440 then stick a quid on the price. Design a fancy can and stick a quid on. Make it really strong and stick 3 quid on.

We are all part of a simulation to see how much gullible people will pay for a bang average product before they say enough is enough. Make it a 330 instead of a 440 then stick a quid on the price. Design a fancy can and stick a quid on. Make it really strong and stick 3 quid on.
Aye it’s mental like. I’d rather have a nice bottle of wine.

With regards to the temperature to serve stouts at, the general rule of thumb is to match the degrees to the ABV. 11% ABV.... serve at around 11 degrees C.

The colder it is, the less you actually taste. Mass produced crap (and that includes Guinness) encourage people to serve it cold because then the astringency and general crapness of the beer is hidden - we can't taste cold things as well as we can when warm - whereas very high quality beer like this Omnipollo one will have aspects to the flavours which only come through when warm. This isn't Carling we're on about!

The colder it is, the less you actually taste. Mass produced crap (and that includes Guinness) encourage people to serve it cold because then the astringency and general crapness of the beer is hidden - we can't taste cold things as well as we can when warm - whereas very high quality beer like this Omnipollo one will have aspects to the flavours which only come through when warm. This isn't Carling we're on about!
I’d rather not taste it. It sounds shite

Back