£14.05 for the flicks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad was talking about that just yesterday, funnily enough. He was saying Flash Gordon was always done for, then the following week, he's be ok and the kids would all cheer.
Saturday morning pictures that, preferred Batman to Flask Gordon mind. do they still have Saturday morning pictures for kids?

can any film be worth £14.05 to watch at the pictures? on the back of the gravity thread i've just looked at tickets to see it at the odean metrocentre, imax 3d screen... couldn't believe the price!!!! is imax any good anyway???

no wonder piracy is on the increase...
Its good like although a lot of people cant tell the difference. We dont bother going to the pictures these days as the films come out on blu ray after a few months and plus your looking at £30 just for 2 tickets

Saturday morning pictures that, preferred Batman to Flask Gordon mind. do they still have Saturday morning pictures for kids?

Aye, £1 for adults and kids. Usually kids films which have been out for a few months, not long before home video release.[DOUBLEPOST=1384170712][/DOUBLEPOST]
The Metro centre. We gan in that posh bit first for free nachos, ket and pop.

Ah right, I guess that "free" stuff costs you a tenner.[DOUBLEPOST=1384170773][/DOUBLEPOST]
Its good like although a lot of people cant tell the difference. We dont bother going to the pictures these days as the films come out on blu ray after a few months and plus your looking at £30 just for 2 tickets

Hardly any films will cost you that. None will cost you that if you just want to watch on a normal huge anyway screen.

Daft missing out on the cinema completely for the sake of £3 each.

Just went to book tickets for Gravity in IMAX 3D at the Metrocentre on the back of this thread. £23 each for a ''Gallery showing". Changed my mind. £46 for two people to sit and watch a 90 minute film. Haway

Bugs Bunny and Sword in the Stone combo last time I was there. A quid could buy a lot in Wheatley's before hand back then.

Think it was The Dark Crystal for me. Even then i thought it was utter shit. The pirate film on after was miles better.

You can get an unlimited card for Boldon for about £16 and go as often as you like. There's no extra for 3D filums and you get 25% off food and shit as well. Nee IMAX there like, but who really needs that?

Think it was The Dark Crystal for me. Even then i thought it was utter shit. The pirate film on after was miles better.

I remember going to see The Champ there too. Looking at the layout now I can't even work out where the cinema bit was. I'm guessing it's the bit where the snooker tables are now.

I remember going to see The Champ there too. Looking at the layout now I can't even work out where the cinema bit was. I'm guessing it's the bit where the snooker tables are now.
Aye, think so. The toilets still had bits of the posters advertising 80's films on the walls when we used to drink there late 1990's. Might still be there for all i know like, not been in for years.

Aye, think so. The toilets still had bits of the posters advertising 80's films on the walls when we used to drink there late 1990's. Might still be there for all i know like, not been in for years.

I was in recently. Cheap beer, canny few younguns like. I felt old.

I believe Odeon are now following VUE's lead and doing a cheap night on a Tuesday. Odeon in The Printworks were doing £5 tickets. Not sure if that's a weekly thing.

Vue do Cheap Day Tuesday at most of their cinemas.

Not sure if cineworld do anything to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back