£14.05 for the flicks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can get cinema tickets cheap anyway, there's always some offer on. Don't think I every pay more than £4 a ticket. Then there's Orange Wednesdays, or Saver Tuesdays if we go midweek.

Aye, I'll do Orange Wednesdays from time-to-time.

£14 for a standard cinema entrance would be expensive, thankfully it doesn't cost that much.
Even at that price though it's cheap, as some have already pointed out a football match is way over priced compared to that.

Even at that price though it's cheap, as some have already pointed out a football match is way over priced compared to that.

Yeah, it is. It's just far cheaper than that usually.

It's a bit like saying football costs £70 because that's what a Cup Final ticket might cost.

You'll probably remember when football was comparably priced to a trip to the cinema, just look at the difference now - £30 vs £8.95

£9 or whatever it is for normal (non 3D or whatever) films is steep.

£9 or whatever it is for normal (non 3D or whatever) films is steep.

Not really, where else can you get a couple of hours entertainment for £9? Thankfully it's subsidised by the overpriced snacks or it would cost far more.

Also, there are always offers about.

Sure last time I went (iMax, 3D, VIP lounge) it was £25ish
Spoilt now. Don't go to the flicks very often so I see it as a treat and iMax 3D blows you away.

we nearly went to the i-max at the metro before till i saw the prices. no way am i paying that much. tuesdays for about £4 each is about right, although when you've got kids it's easier to go at the weekend even paying a bit more. £14 a ticket is a joke.

Yeah, it is. It's just far cheaper than that usually.

It's a bit like saying football costs £70 because that's what a Cup Final ticket might cost.

You'll probably remember when football was comparably priced to a trip to the cinema, just look at the difference now - £30 vs £8.95
I know it's cheaper mate, I do go myself, I'm just saying even at that price it's still works out canny value compared to other things.

I get the impression that, film, music, art etc, is looked upon as been almost worthless these days, don't know if the download culture as something to do with that, but people seem to undervalue it.

Sure last time I went (iMax, 3D, VIP lounge) it was £25ish
Spoilt now. Don't go to the flicks very often so I see it as a treat and iMax 3D blows you away.

£14.05 for standard and £16.35 for premium at the Metrocentre for IMAX screen.[DOUBLEPOST=1384169829][/DOUBLEPOST]
I get the impression that, film, music, art etc, is looked upon as been almost worthless these days, don't know if the download culture as something to do with that, but people seem to undervalue it.

Their respective industries are still with billions, it's just we've now got it on tap 24/7.

Back in your day, you probably had to go to the Tivoli, stand for the national anthem, watch Pathe news before getting to see whether Flash Gordon miraculously managed to escape what seemed like almost certain death.

Aye, that's why I said it, the OP makes it sound as though the cinema costs £14+ usually when in reality, outside of London it's far cheaper.

i was going off the back of the thread about gravity, that the film is highly recommend but must be seen on an imax screen in 3D... i've just had a look and its £14.05 to see it tonight at the metrocentre...

i was going off the back of the thread about gravity, that the film is highly recommend but must be seen on an imax screen in 3D... i've just had a look and its £14.05 to see it tonight at the metrocentre...

Aye, I'm going to see it in 2D because I've got cinema vouchers which need using up and there's nowt else on.

£14.05 for standard and £16.35 for premium at the Metrocentre for IMAX screen.[DOUBLEPOST=1384169829][/DOUBLEPOST]

Their respective industries are still with billions, it's just we've now got it on tap 24/7.

Back in your day, you probably had to go to the Tivoli, stand for the national anthem, watch Pathe news before getting to see whether Flash Gordon miraculously managed to escape what seemed like almost certain death.
In my day, you got the main feature film, the B film, a bunch of cartoons and Pathe news all for the admission price, now that's what you call value for money..;)

In my day, you got the main feature film, the B film, a bunch of cartoons and Pathe news all for the admission price, now that's what you call value for money..;)

My dad was talking about that just yesterday, funnily enough. He was saying Flash Gordon was always done for, then the following week, he's be ok and the kids would all cheer.

I wouldn't mind paying the higher end prices for the pictures, but there's only about 1 in 10 films that's worth paying to watch IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back