£14.05 for the flicks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

errant

Striker
can any film be worth £14.05 to watch at the pictures? on the back of the gravity thread i've just looked at tickets to see it at the odean metrocentre, imax 3d screen... couldn't believe the price!!!! is imax any good anyway???

no wonder piracy is on the increase...

A 3D movie on the IMAX screen probably has nothing to do with piracy.

You can see a 2D showing for as little as £2.95 at Sunderland on a Tuesday night.

Piracy is more of a convenience thing for many I'd think, as well as for people to watch movies they would have no interest in buying otherwise.

can any film be worth £14.05 to watch at the pictures? on the back of the gravity thread i've just looked at tickets to see it at the odean metrocentre, imax 3d screen... couldn't believe the price!!!! is imax any good anyway???

its a fraction of whatyou pay for the football... or going out for a meal... or the theatre.... or loads of things.

I can think of other things that are on for 90 minutes and are priced at way more than £14.05.
That still doesn't represent a good deal though.

It seems like an awful lot of money compared to what it used to be.

Mind, as Epping says, if you compare it to watching 90 mins of football, or a two hour gig, or a show at the theatre etc, it's probably about right.

A 3D movie on the IMAX screen probably has nothing to do with piracy.

You can see a 2D showing for as little as £2.95 at Sunderland on a Tuesday night.

Piracy is more of a convenience thing for many I'd think, as well as for people to watch movies they would have no interest in buying otherwise.

Not for me. I'll go to the cinema if it's going to be around a fiver but if not I'll download a 1080 copy off TPB. I haven't bought a CD or DVD for anything I can find online for years.

It seems like an awful lot of money compared to what it used to be.

Mind, as Epping says, if you compare it to watching 90 mins of football, or a two hour gig, or a show at the theatre etc, it's probably about right.

That's because this is for one screen. It's nowhere near that price for the others.

Having never seen a 3D film, or watched IMAX before i just wonder if the extra price is justified? is it really that much better?

Not for me. I'll go to the cinema if it's going to be around a fiver but if not I'll download a 1080 copy off TPB. I haven't bought a CD or DVD for anything I can find online for years.

I can get cinema tickets cheap anyway, there's always some offer on. Don't think I every pay more than £4 a ticket. Then there's Orange Wednesdays, or Saver Tuesdays if we go midweek.

its a fraction of whatyou pay for the football... or going out for a meal... or the theatre.... or loads of things.

fair point... i was just taken a back a little by the cost... taking the missus to the flicks used to be a cheap date!

plus you can't go dutch when you're married... ;)

Having never seen a 3D film, or watched IMAX before i just wonder if the extra price is justified? is it really that much better?

Depends on the film. I really enjoyed Avatar, as an "experience" at IMAX, if I had watched it in 2D on a regular screen, I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much.

fair point... i was just taken a back a little by the cost... taking the missus to the flicks used to be a cheap date!

plus you can't go dutch when you're married... ;)

Go on a Tuesday, cheap date, less than £6 for you both, can't say fairer than that!

I wouldn't know mate, cant remember the last time i went to the cinema.

Aye, that's why I said it, the OP makes it sound as though the cinema costs £14+ usually when in reality, outside of London it's far cheaper.

Going to the cinema must be one of the cheapest forms of going out for entertainment. Average price of bout £9 per ticket, far less on weekdays or with offers.[DOUBLEPOST=1384168959][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think that's pretty cheap for 2\3 hours of entertainment.

£14 for a standard cinema entrance would be expensive, thankfully it doesn't cost that much.

Bring back B-movies. You really got (well) value for money in those days. You could spend the entire day/evening in the flix back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back