You know your'e getting old when........

Status
Not open for further replies.

You can't remember the last
"You know you're getting old when......." thread.

You find yourself posting in the "Slow Cooker" thread discussing the merits of various kitchen appliances. :oops:

Never done that (as far as I'm aware) BUT I must have been "old" for a long time, because I can remember an ex g/f of mine criticising me for the amount of time I spent investigating the pros and cons of different saucepans/skillets etc.

Nevertheless, I treated her thoughts with a pinch of salt and ended up with a range that I was happy with (and cost me about £450 15 years ago, after months of research).

Suffice to say I was so happy with them that they were the only domestic possessions I brought with me to Thailand and they are still going strong!

EDIT!!! I, clearly must have been old before my time, but my excuse is that I love to cook and for some strange reason she never complained about the results! :oops:

Last edited:
You know you're getting old when you suddenly realise that it will be 50 years this year since I went to my first SAFC game (a reserve game at that) and we're still shite :lol:

:lol:

50 years of watching us is enough to prematurely age anybody :lol:

Think of those who have been doing it longer! :cry:

I must confess, though, that I had the privilege of watching, imho, the best SAFC team in all of my years, between '62 & '64 and still believe we could have swept aside every other side in the then 1st Division if our board had not been of the mind we didn't need a manager - until they had to admit we did.

By that time, though, all of Alan Brown's work had been destroyed, which still haunts me to this day thinking of what could have been!

:evil:

Think of those who have been doing it longer! :cry:

I must confess, though, that I had the privilege of watching, imho, the best SAFC team in all of my years, between '62 & '64 and still believe we could have swept aside every other side in the then 1st Division if our board had not been of the mind we didn't need a manager - until they had to admit we did.

By that time, though, all of Alan Brown's work had been destroyed, which still haunts me to this day thinking of what could have been!

:evil:
I just missed out on all of that...am I too late to report my (late) Dad for imposing a lifetime of misery upon me. After all, where there's blame...:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back