Yedlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe you should watch both their goals back. Watch him bottle a tackle with Moses then give up and stand off Payet for him to move inside but completely letting him run run through to score there second. Odd watching a full back refuse to try and tackle
That is exactly what Cattermole was shouting at him, he was having to cover the deep right back position on the goal line and directed Yedlin to handle him as he cut back

Called into the US squad as a midfielder/right wing (again) by Klinsmann for the grudge match vs. Mex on Sat.

Don't expect he will start. Klinsmann needs this win or he will prolly get sacked, so i would expect veterans and a conservative approach - but one never knows with him.

If the US are down in second half, he'll likely get in.

So its ok to leave Payet to run totally clean through on goal without tracking him? Bizarre tactic if it is. Just let opposition players run wherever they want an hope the keeper doesn't spill it?

Yedlin also had the lowest pass completion rate of any outfield player on the pitch (68%)
Made 2 tackles compares to Jones (who has also been heavily criticised this season) who made 6
He also has the lowest average rating of any of our outfield players 6.41 (taken from whoscored.com)

So yeah. My opinion is he wasn't very good and it seems theres stats that back that up
Got to say I wasnt over impressed with him v whu but jones was excellent

Thought Catts was in first, and Yedlin just came for support. There were three of them there in the end. Why single out Yedlin?
As Catts was pointing out at the time , Yedlin should have been there in the first place. A few times he pressed the winger leaving a big space for anyone to run into. Looks good going forward and it's good to see him so eager to close down as well but over his shoulder hes got a way to go yet. I like the lad though

Called into the US squad as a midfielder/right wing (again) by Klinsmann for the grudge match vs. Mex on Sat.

Don't expect he will start. Klinsmann needs this win or he will prolly get sacked, so i would expect veterans and a conservative approach - but one never knows with him.

If the US are down in second half, he'll likely get in.

Not convinced Klinsi will get sacked for a loss, reckon he'll get a shot in the Hex. But you're right about the second part, he may well come up with something off the wall for Saturday. Left Gonzalez out of the squad completely.

Not convinced Klinsi will get sacked for a loss, reckon he'll get a shot in the Hex. But you're right about the second part, he may well come up with something off the wall for Saturday. Left Gonzalez out of the squad completely.

I won't miss gonzalez.

The US defense is somewhat like sunderland's ... Our best two players are average at best and lots of shitty fillers to round out the line...

young fast player with potential that loves do get forward and can pick out a pass or cross but is suspect in defensive positioning at times and needs to learn.

He is as advertised.

The quote about "getting players that were available, but not necessarily what we need" comes to mind.

He is coachable (if we had a coach) and does have a good attitude - so there are some positives for the future but on just a season loan, impact might be marginal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back