Yedlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jones cut a lot of things out just by virtue of being there and putting in effort, standing up to his opponent etc. Massive difference from PVA this season.
PVA has no positional sense at all Jones while not brilliant knows how to defend as you say being there is half the battle.

So its ok to leave Payet to run totally clean through on goal without tracking him? Bizarre tactic if it is. Just let opposition players run wherever they want an hope the keeper doesn't spill it?

Yedlin also had the lowest pass completion rate of any outfield player on the pitch (68%)
Made 2 tackles compares to Jones (who has also been heavily criticised this season) who made 6
He also has the lowest average rating of any of our outfield players 6.41 (taken from whoscored.com)

So yeah. My opinion is he wasn't very good and it seems theres stats that back that up
Stats mean bugger all mate the team looked far more solid today than we have all season. Its inevitable mistakes are going to be made its football, the overall game the team played well.

PVA has no positional sense at all Jones while not brilliant knows how to defend as you say being there is half the battle.

Stats mean bugger all mate the team looked far more solid today than we have all season. Its inevitable mistakes are going to be made its football, the overall game the team played well.

This I agree with. We did look much improved. Especially 1st half when we didn't really need to defend. Our movement and intelligent passing was the best I've seen from us in a long time.

The thing the frustrates/worries me the most out of everything is our ability to defend under pressure. We give so many goals away due to individual errors and lapses of concentration at the back, that no matter how well we play for the rest of the game we are shooting ourselves in the foot. PVA has been hopeless, especially this year and it was right to drop him. Jones looked much better at LB. I just don't agree with some people on here putting Yedlin up for motm or saying he was excellent, when it was clear he was our weakest link in defence today and both goals came down his side where he could/should have done much better.

He is still only young like so hopefully he can build on his performances. To think we started this season with PVA as our only LB is absolutely scandalous

And his first Prem start.

Yann lived in the space created by Yedlin moving forward. And both of Borinis first half chances created because Yedlin was occupying fullback out wide. No stats for that.

I particularly remember at least 3 tackles where he won ball and kept possession. On second goal he held the offside line, and Payet was damn close to being off.

So its ok to leave Payet to run totally clean through on goal without tracking him? Bizarre tactic if it is. Just let opposition players run wherever they want an hope the keeper doesn't spill it?

Yedlin also had the lowest pass completion rate of any outfield player on the pitch (68%)
Made 2 tackles compares to Jones (who has also been heavily criticised this season) who made 6
He also has the lowest average rating of any of our outfield players 6.41 (taken from whoscored.com)

So yeah. My opinion is he wasn't very good and it seems theres stats that back that up

The ball hit Pantilimon in his hands, square to the ball at chest level....i highly doubt Pantilimon is pissed off at his fullbacks there.

This I agree with. We did look much improved. Especially 1st half when we didn't really need to defend. Our movement and intelligent passing was the best I've seen from us in a long time.

The thing the frustrates/worries me the most out of everything is our ability to defend under pressure. We give so many goals away due to individual errors and lapses of concentration at the back, that no matter how well we play for the rest of the game we are shooting ourselves in the foot. PVA has been hopeless, especially this year and it was right to drop him. Jones looked much better at LB. I just don't agree with some people on here putting Yedlin up for motm or saying he was excellent, when it was clear he was our weakest link in defence today and both goals came down his side where he could/should have done much better.

He is still only young like so hopefully he can build on his performances. To think we started this season with PVA as our only LB is absolutely scandalous
Fair points Yedlin wasnt MOM by any stretch but we looked more solid today a bit luck and we woud have won (i know luck doesnt count) if we get the same performance v West Brom we have a good chance of winning.

Been crying out for PVA to be dropped. Yedelin was an improvement there's no doubt but he's hardly got to raise the bar much to improve on Van Aanholt. Steady away today and let's hope given a run in the side the lad can make the position his own.

The ball hit Pantilimon in his hands, square to the ball at chest level....i highly doubt Pantilimon is pissed off at his fullbacks there.

So that means its ok for our defenders not to track runners? I've never said Pantilimon is blameless. What I've said is that had Yedlin tracked the runner (which is his job to do) Payet would not/may not have scored from the rebound. He stood of Payet to begin with then completely switched off

Pants needs to look at himself of course. I'm not disputing that

Fair points Yedlin wasnt MOM by any stretch but we looked more solid today a bit luck and we woud have won (i know luck doesnt count) if we get the same performance v West Brom we have a good chance of winning.

There are definitley positives to take from today. We were outsatnding in the first half before the hammer blow of goal right before half time. Again we were our own worst enemies in the second. If we can cut out these errors we can start to build on performances and pick up points

I want to see it again in honesty, was the ball moving a lot?

Don't know but it wasn't hit very hard...could've just brought it in to his body. Looked like he was trying to knock it down but mishit it.

So that means its ok for our defenders not to track runners? I've never said Pantilimon is blameless. What I've said is that had Yedlin tracked the runner (which is his job to do) Payet would not/may not have scored from the rebound. He stood of Payet to begin with then completely switched off

Pants needs to look at himself of course. I'm not disputing that

There are definitley positives to take from today. We were outsatnding in the first half before the hammer blow of goal right before half time. Again we were our own worst enemies in the second. If we can cut out these errors we can start to build on performances and pick up points

I don't care how many players Yedlin let run in, if Pantilimon can't make that play then he shouldn't be a keeper.

Last edited:
Maybe you should watch both their goals back. Watch him bottle a tackle with Moses then give up and stand off Payet for him to move inside but completely letting him run run through to score there second. Odd watching a full back refuse to try and tackle
A tad harsh on the young fella. Catts just being booked and standing off Moses? played the biggest part in the first goal

A tad harsh on the young fella. Catts just being booked and standing off Moses? played the biggest part in the first goal

Maybe. There were three players standing round him at the time. Yedlin was the first to get there and just half stuck a lazy foot out. Catts is getting the most criticism because he was the only one to actually go towards Moses and go to ground. There's no way the three of them should have allowed a cross to come in

Maybe. There were three players standing round him at the time. Yedlin was the first to get there and just half stuck a lazy foot out. Catts is getting the most criticism because he was the only one to actually go towards Moses and go to ground. There's no way the three of them should have allowed a cross to come in
Thought Catts was in first, and Yedlin just came for support. There were three of them there in the end. Why single out Yedlin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back