Yedlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jones looks better at left back and Ledlin looks very solid and assured, happy days.

Think we might be on to a winner with those two, playing them constantly in those positions would be a good idea - cant see much of a way back for PVA now tbh.

Fits in well, can go forward and cause trouble but hopeless when defending, all our fulbacks are simply not good enough in defence.

Why has it taken this long for PVA to be dropped?As I say people on here were still naming him in the team!!

I'm not a Jones fan but he was excellent today.

Yedlin was also excellent. I watched his movement and he worked extremely hard to get back.

Surprised he came under fire for the goal (on the match day firing squad) but can see why.

Overall, much much better from both sides.

It's like many of us having been saying - the CBs have been getting daggers all season, but they've been playing as a three-man unit trying to cover four positions.

Exactly, I like Big Dick, always will, but he has made it so hard for himself

We have some reasonable attacking players, he shouldof been spending all summer and all season trying to get the team organised and getting the best people on the pitch to do it.

Jones cut a lot of things out just by virtue of being there and putting in effort, standing up to his opponent etc. Massive difference from PVA this season.

both were decent but tbf a traffic cone with a safc shirt draped over it would be better than pva, the form he's been in

Pantilimon gave them the second...ridiculous to point any other player out for that

So its ok to leave Payet to run totally clean through on goal without tracking him? Bizarre tactic if it is. Just let opposition players run wherever they want an hope the keeper doesn't spill it?

Yedlin also had the lowest pass completion rate of any outfield player on the pitch (68%)
Made 2 tackles compares to Jones (who has also been heavily criticised this season) who made 6
He also has the lowest average rating of any of our outfield players 6.41 (taken from whoscored.com)

So yeah. My opinion is he wasn't very good and it seems theres stats that back that up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back