yedders

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok this is just my opinion i asked in the hope of getting other views
this is a forum to say what you think,,and that's all, it's not like the boy is a top prem player YET,, he is in his 1st full season learning his trade i agree,, but if chelsea singled him out as our weak spot, and we have 2 games for him not to be singled out by everton and watford if you watched carefully the last 6 or 7 games then watched them on TV look at the pattern of play down his side, he gets sucked into the middle to easy and leaves a space
yes we are all buzzin over the result. but as i said it was my view on him and i bet the next 2 games their attacks will favour yedlins side

I've started to think that he can make a good full back. He's definitely going to need to keep improving at the rate he has been doing (he's a very improved player of late) but I think he may be worth a shout. I think our spending needs to strengthen the competition at full back but mainly needs to go on creating a more solid midfield and our attacking options. Jermaine is an absolute legend but we need to be able to take him off and rest him without bringing the likes of Graham and N'Doye on.

Wonder what Spurs chairman Daniel Levy's valuation of Yedlin will be if we do decide to sign him permanent.

He's better than some folks make out, the kid is a speed merchant, he can skin most players for pace (see just before the cross he put in for Jermaine to grab the winner). He will develop, he looks very promising tbf, can't be writing Yedlin off - he's worth a punt and is one to keep the faith with ;)
how many times does he do that and he constantly is out of position

He's shite, but the best option if its between him and jones. If we are lucky enough to escape the drop, I'd hope to get somebody better in.
I fail to see how we are going to get better. Even jones had some pedigree and premier games behind him.
We look at our own team in isolation (obviously) and believe we have the worst when I dont believe that is the case.
Janmaat is rated yet is very very poor defensively.
I doubt any of us could name ( with confidence) a good rb in a mid lower ranking team.
The fb's get pilloried because final ball before goals àre conceded comes from the wings in many instances and so the 1 dimensioners blame the fb
They never consider they may have been left unprotected or that shock of shocks a very very good opposing player has got the better of them.
People seem to forget just how fantastic and bloody fast players like willan and hazard are.
All team concede goals get over it instead of rabidly seeking to blame and find scapegoats

how many times does he do that and he constantly is out of position
Chops in negative anti safc post shocker

I fail to see how we are going to get better. Even jones had some pedigree and premier games behind him.
We look at our own team in isolation (obviously) and believe we have the worst when I dont believe that is the case.
I doubt any of us could name ( with confidence) a good rb in a mid lower ranking team.
The fb's get pilloried because final ball before goals àre conceded comes from the wings in many instances and so the 1 dimensioners blame the fb
They never consider they may have been left unprotected or that shock of shocks a very very good opposing player has got the better of them.
People seem to forget just how fantastic and bloody fast players like willan and hazard are.
All team concede goals get over it instead of rabidly seeking to blame and find scapegoats

Chops in negative anti safc post shocker
its true and compared with a lot on here I am not negative at all

He ran quickly. He then duffed the cross (as usual) straight towards Cahill. Rahman's intervention is what put the ball to Defoe.

Why is it that any time we win, we have to pretend that all of our players are good? We are where we are for a reason. Having two shit right backs is one of them.

Perhaps some of us don't think it's right slagging individual players ,when as a team they put in a fantastic performance that has probably saved our season.
Just a thought.

Needs replacing along with PVA. Both absolute liabilities and whilst they are decent going forward theyre not consistent enough and on balance cost far more mistakes and goals than they create

He's a young lad. 1st season playing Premiership football from the MLS. I don't think he has done too badly at all and if we could get him for as little as 2m that I saw mentioned, he would be worth signing along with another RB. He will only get better.

Would love to see Marcos Alonso come back as well. Keep PVA also.

Needs replacing along with PVA. Both absolute liabilities and whilst they are decent going forward theyre not consistent enough and on balance cost far more mistakes and goals than they create

Given the nature of the position, it's probably safe to say that all fullbacks cost more goals than they create. I'd prefer it if people who were slagging Yedlin and PVA would be more specific as to how they are "costing" us. Sam is asking them to take risks and push forward so they are bound to get caught out from time to time.

It's been 14 games since we've conceded more than two goals in a game. In those fourteen games we have conceded a total of fifteen goals. Over that period, only Arsenal, ManU, Spurs and Leicester have conceded fewer.

More to the point, that run includes games against Leicester, Arsenal, ManC, ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool, Southampton and West Ham - eight of the top nine teams in the league - so we can assume that our defence has been challenged. Yet we gave up a total of ten goals in those eight games and were 2W, 3D, 3L.

Just how are our fullbacks liabilities at the moment???

A lot of that is true.

However we need 2 FB's (& CH) both are piss poor defensively and it happens week in week out.
Both are constantly out of position and its fairly common to see the "covering player" having to do their job, more than they should.
For the 1st he seemed to make a half arsed tackle with the wrong foot, unlucky with the rebound but a piss poor "tackle" that led to it, 2nd weak as piss.
Crosses are simply not stopped enough we could of easily conceded another 2 or 3 from crosses.
PVA is the same, it should when he thought he was fouled and lost the ball near their penalty area, he stood and whinged and got back into position about 10 minutes later. This again happens far too often. He didn't cost much and his goals will probably mean someone will buy him so no financial loss.

If Yedlin was an academy product I would agree with let him develop lot, but to pay money for him and have to buy another RB or ship easy goals is madness. Knowing us we will probably buy a worse one, but we shouldn't be buying him imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back