Wrexham fan banned for " racist abuse "

A Welshman, Scot and Englishman are walking when they come across a lantern and a genie pops out and grants them one wish each.

The Scot says: “I am a sheep herder, like my dad before me. I want my country to be full of lovely sheep farms.”

Whoosh, and so it was.

The Englishman was amazed and says: “I want a wall around England to keep those damned Scots and Welsh out.”

Bang, there was a wall around England.

The Welshman says: “Tell me more about this wall.”

The genie says: “It’s 200 feet high, 100 feet thick, it goes all around England, and nothing can get in or out.”

The Welshman says: “Fill it with water.”

A Welshman, Scot and Englishman are walking when they come across a lantern and a genie pops out and grants them one wish each.

The Scot says: “I am a sheep herder, like my dad before me. I want my country to be full of lovely sheep farms.”

Whoosh, and so it was.

The Englishman was amazed and says: “I want a wall around England to keep those damned Scots and Welsh out.”

Bang, there was a wall around England.

The Welshman says: “Tell me more about this wall.”

The genie says: “It’s 200 feet high, 100 feet thick, it goes all around England, and nothing can get in or out.”

The Welshman says: “Fill it with water.”
Hope you're not Scottish mate or you're going to prison.

This shit needs to stop. It's getting to the point if we all don't stand and hug the opposition we are bad
Make sure you get consent before the hug
No doubt if it had been “Indian” or Pakistani” or “African” in front of bastards it would have been a ban, so this is just consistent with that. For me those saying it’s silly to be a ban for “English bastards” I agree, but just be consistent
half the fans will be banned when we play Cardiff or Swansea

I got banned from Facebook for saying “the English are crazy” replying to a video. Done a 28r stretch for that :lol:

Last edited:
They only banned him because he was white. If a black person had made those remarks, they’d have trodden on eggshells in order to avoid a situation.

I think with public order law ridiculously broad and authorities keen to use it against hate speech, added to the increased use of it against football fans in general, the comment was always likely to lead to conviction when prosecuted.

However, I would have hoped that police used common sense and let it go. If he had used 'Scouse' (Wirral isn't, I know) instead of 'English' he does not commit a 'racial' offence and though police could have done him under s5 it *probably* would not be pursued. Bit arbitrary, to criminalise someone on such a fine margin.

We are not far away from a fan somewhere being arrested for a sweary chant, or aiming a volley of expletives at opposition fans. Those supporting this? This is where you're leading us. It troubles me that in life generally many people seem to think, "I don't like what they said, so I am glad the law came down on them."

There are more important principles at stake than our individual sensitivities in relation to isolated comments.

They take about 26 away thus easy to spot.
I wonder if they are selling a lamb curry or replacing it with a vegan one.
Where will the new bar be set?

You Southern Bastard is unacceptable.
Now replaced with. I say Sir, you bounder from those Home Counties.
It's just all a bit daft now, isn't it?

As if you get offended by a few chants at a football match.
Sure there is a limit that the vast majority will stick by.

Last edited:
They take about 26 away thus easy to spot.
I wonder if they are selling a lamb curry or replacing it with a vegan one.
Where will the new bar be set?

You Southern Bastard is unacceptable.
Now replaced with. I say Sir, you bounder from those Home Counties.

As if you get offended by a few chants at a football match.
Sure there is a limit that the vast majority will stick by.
I personally wouldn't be all that offended if someone called me an English bastard. I am English. And a bit of a bastard at times.

For context if an English fan shouts “ dirty Welsh b*****d” I’m pretty certain the Welsh are complaining. Not saying it’s right but it works both ways. On a personal and professional level I have experience of this actually happening at work.
Think it depends on the individual.
I've been called a variety of "Welsh *****" at football matches.
As long as it's not too aggressive/violent, cannot see it being a serious problem ?

Be giving out gifts to each other and singing Ed Sheeran songs whilst holding hands within 10 years.

Football is the most popular sport on the planet, stop trying to change things. The fan rivalry is what makes it what it is.

Think it depends on the individual.
I've been called a variety of "Welsh *****" at football matches.
As long as it's not too aggressive/violent, cannot see it being a serious problem ?
I just find it bizarre how calling someone a bastard likely wouldn't see any further action taken, but sticking someone's nationality in front of it crosses the line.

I personally wouldn't be all that offended if someone called me an English bastard. I am English. And a bit of a bastard at times.

…..I wouldn’t be offended if you called me a carrot cruncher, sheep shagger or bumpkin.
I would genuinely laugh.
@Horley Chorley came in the Swindon end up at Hartlepool. The only reason he remained silent is because he left the phrase book I gave him in the pub.
He did ask one Swindon fan how many pints he had before the game, the Swindon fan showed him his hand and in a strong Wiltshire accent said 6, counting his fingers 🤣🤣

Back