Wolves

Its depressingly predictable to see the inevitable downfall of Wolves, Its a huge illusion, "pushing on" in the PL: 1) Promoted on the crest of a wave of optimism with some genuinely good players; 2) used this momentum well, FA Cup SF and 7th; 3) make a few good signings, some more decent finishes in the league; 4) manager leaves, squad starts to break apart; 5) Manager merry-go-round begins, starts to struggle in the league, cant compete with the top teams for players, previous gambles in the transfer market start to bite FFP; 6) inevitable slow struggle and likely relegation this year or next.

We see this so often, Southampton and Leicester suffered it last season (Leeds didn't survive long enough to be included). Brighton and Brentford will be next. Villa could well suffer this in a few years having been caught in the trap of relegation/promotion.

Basically this is everyone isn’t it outside the “top 6” and now Newcastle as it’s state owned. Literally the top 7 are guaranteed safety. Everyone else is very likely to go down at some point and come a cropper of FFP trying to hang onto the coat tails of the top 7. Rinse and repeat

I never thought they look particularly good under the last guy (granted he had a good reputation but didn't seem to be a big upturn from the outside)

I'm just staggered there are Man Utd fans on twitter worried about a 'new manager bounce'.

In 20+ years of supporting Wolves, I've never known us be anything other than generous.

- Your team's on a bad run? Have 3 points on us.
- Your striker hasn't scored for 9 games? Hat trick time.
- You've not been given a penalty all season? Step up sir.
This is soo Sunderland. Have a like.

They finished 3pts above the relegation zone and shipped loads of goals

Gary Monk MKII this fella
and which league position were they in when he took over..was it lower than that?
3pts above relagtion is a triumphant season for bourrnemouth in the premier league..stayoing up on goal differenve on the last day of the season is adequate for them..he outperformed that, so did a good job

and which league position were they in when he took over..was it lower than that?
3pts above relagtion is a triumphant season for bourrnemouth in the premier league..stayoing up on goal differenve on the last day of the season is adequate for them..he outperformed that, so did a good job
Ok Des get back to thinking WHU will be paying Slabheed £200k a week

Ok Des get back to thinking WHU will be paying Slabheed £200k a week
i didnt say they would..some other guy quoted that figure..im saying its not a big wage in the premier league..saha got offered that by palace who have less money than west ham and west ham already pay lots of their players big money..
football has moved beyond the point, in the premier league, where 200k a week is exceptional..its above average but not exceptional..
He did doesn’t make him a good manager though bizarre and worrying appointment by Wolves
doing the job required is all a manager can do..if he does that he has done good.

Back