Wolves

The Schadenfreude is strong on this thread.

I must be a sucker for punishment but somehow the team I support is going through the mill, and the team I go and watch every other week has no recognised striker and has won 8 home league games in 24 attempts.
I’ve just purchased Everton away tickets this morning. Was half expecting all the restricted view tickets to be snapped up first but I managed to nab a ticket right behind a steel post. Lol

Feel sorry for anyone who’s actually going to have to watch us defend for 90 mins and I include Cunha,Silva, Neto and Nunes in that bracket lol

Its depressingly predictable to see the inevitable downfall of Wolves, Its a huge illusion, "pushing on" in the PL: 1) Promoted on the crest of a wave of optimism with some genuinely good players; 2) used this momentum well, FA Cup SF and 7th; 3) make a few good signings, some more decent finishes in the league; 4) manager leaves, squad starts to break apart; 5) Manager merry-go-round begins, starts to struggle in the league, cant compete with the top teams for players, previous gambles in the transfer market start to bite FFP; 6) inevitable slow struggle and likely relegation this year or next.

We see this so often, Southampton and Leicester suffered it last season (Leeds didn't survive long enough to be included). Brighton and Brentford will be next. Villa could well suffer this in a few years having been caught in the trap of relegation/promotion.

I’ve just purchased Everton away tickets this morning. Was half expecting all the restricted view tickets to be snapped up first but I managed to nab a ticket right behind a steel post. Lol

Feel sorry for anyone who’s actually going to have to watch us defend for 90 mins and I include Cunha,Silva, Neto and Nunes in that bracket lol
I'm just staggered there are Man Utd fans on twitter worried about a 'new manager bounce'.

In 20+ years of supporting Wolves, I've never known us be anything other than generous.

- Your team's on a bad run? Have 3 points on us.
- Your striker hasn't scored for 9 games? Hat trick time.
- You've not been given a penalty all season? Step up sir.

Its depressingly predictable to see the inevitable downfall of Wolves, Its a huge illusion, "pushing on" in the PL: 1) Promoted on the crest of a wave of optimism with some genuinely good players; 2) used this momentum well, FA Cup SF and 7th; 3) make a few good signings, some more decent finishes in the league; 4) manager leaves, squad starts to break apart; 5) Manager merry-go-round begins, starts to struggle in the league, cant compete with the top teams for players, previous gambles in the transfer market start to bite FFP; 6) inevitable slow struggle and likely relegation this year or next.

We see this so often, Southampton and Leicester suffered it last season (Leeds didn't survive long enough to be included). Brighton and Brentford will be next. Villa could well suffer this in a few years having been caught in the trap of relegation/promotion.

If certainly makes you wonder if it’s best to just come up and do a Palace and go unnoticed for 10 plus seasons

Summed up perfectly. Unless you have endless resources you will never consistently be challenging towards the top end of the Premier League.

Ultimately I want to see us up there again, but I don’t think relegation would demoralise me as much as it used to. The EFL is far more competitive and much more exciting to watch. The Premier League has been stale for a long time and will continue to be until there’s a little bit more of an even playing field.

If certainly makes you wonder if it’s best to just come up and do a Palace and go unnoticed for 10 plus seasons

There might be something in that, as you know that as soon as Palace decide start to "push on" then they'll immediately jump into the inevitable cycle.

With no offence to Palace, I don't believe that strategy is something that fan bases of more historic clubs would entertain, progress is demanded.

It's almost like the like the league is structured to ensure the top teams always stay there unless sovereign wealth gets involved.

Our starting XI and probably about 5-6 bench players are better than the following teams, Everton,Palace,Luton,Forest,Bournemouth,Sheff Utd, Burnley and until Fulham and Brentford sort out their striker issues I will add those to the list.

What could/probably will kill us is lack of squad depth and choice of manager.

By the sounds of it Lopetegui wasn’t as popular amongst the players as we all thought but that doesn’t take away the fact he was a very good manager and was the main reason we stayed up comfortably last season. Take him away and replace him with Gary O’Neil is criminal.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a couple of signings now though and it almost feels like the owners had enough of him running to his mate in the media every 5 mins. The problem is our owners have gone and appointed another yes man similar to Nuno and Bruno but without the coaching ability.
Deluded lad

Silva ?? Don’t say the little skater boy who has looked awful playing in the PL also Cunha isn’t great as Neto isn’t

Last edited:
Deluded lad

Silva ?? Don’t say the little skater boy who has looked awful playing in the PL also Cunha isn’t great as Neto isn’t
Silva has had 2 very good loans and has come back a much stronger player. He will certainly offer much more than both Raul and Costa did last season.

Cunha needs to be playing off a fit striker to unlock his full potential. Something he has yet to do.

Neto was injured on and off for the last 18 months but is looking strong again

Could happen to the mags once they've used up years of FPP breches.

Last edited:
As long as they're backed by Sovereign wealth it'll never happen. As soon as the Saudi's have wrung them dry of all the sport washing they need, then there's a chance they'll be abandoned to the inevitable cycle.
its a multi-decade plan for the saudis..just as with the man city owners..next step is the property development opportunity in newcastle...thats why they own the club with the rueben brothers..who are huge property developers in newcastle..

the saudis are odious..but they arent stupid arabs in the sand..they are very astute business people roaming the world looking for a profit

I don’t believe a word Balague says as much as I no longer trust our Chairman. I imagine the truth is somewhere in between. I still believe we ain’t in the shit but will admit we are as close to being in the shit as you can get without actually being in it. If O’Neil doesn’t win any of his first 6 games we are fucked!
You’ve certainly changed your tune over the last few weeks. Perhaps just in semi-denial now :lol:

Silva has had 2 very good loans and has come back a much stronger player. He will certainly offer much more than both Raul and Costa did last season.

Cunha needs to be playing off a fit striker to unlock his full potential. Something he has yet to do.

Neto was injured on and off for the last 18 months but is looking strong again
11 goals in 34 games in Belgium and Holland is amazing like🙄 … He’s absolutely crap man

You’re in a massive mess you haven’t got a “Good squad”

11 goals in 34 games in Belgium and Holland is amazing like🙄 … He’s absolutely crap man

So what your saying is he is an improvement on the striker we have let go?

I knew you would agree with me in the end lol

I don’t believe a word Balague says as much as I no longer trust our Chairman. I imagine the truth is somewhere in between. I still believe we ain’t in the shit but will admit we are as close to being in the shit as you can get without actually being in it. If O’Neil doesn’t win any of his first 6 games we are fucked!

A poll on our forum suggests 93% don’t want O’Neil in charge.

2 things I’m most interested in is firstly what the fuck is wrong with the remaining 7% percent and secondly who is going to make up his back room staff.
Is O’Neil really that bad? Did a very good job at Bournemouth so I wouldn’t write him off quickly.

I know he’s a step down from your previous manager, but it’s not like O’Neil is hopeless (on the face of it).

Just walking through this line of attack, bear with me.

Jimenez was a good striker, but hasn't been the same player since Luiz knocked him into next week. Silva ended up thrust into the limelight when he wasn't ready, hence spending last season out on loan. Diego Costa scored one goal and was a pure desperation signing because Kalajdzic got injured on his debut.

Wolves won't spend money on new players, and the manager voiced his discontent at the situation, later choosing to walk.

--

Ross Stewart is a good striker, but was injured at the start of last season, and is now out again. Ellis Simms came in and did his best, before getting recalled in January. Sunderland ended up playing without a recognised #9 for large swathes of last season.

Sunderland won't spend money on a new striker, and the manager voiced his discontent at the situation last night...

We are far more united and have far more in common than that which divides us.

Last edited:

Back