Why are we playing a reserve team tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would having some of them for the entire Portugal trip not be more logical? Not just flying out for 24 hours?

I am aware it's the school holidays. Don't try to be superior because your not.

Good post. I accept that mate. Just find it extremely mad that the first 11 got flown out for a game on the same day.

Apart from Dixon.
Flown out yesterday weren't they? Gus made an error not taking a full 23 man squad including one or two of the young'uns. IMO that was him making a point. However, having thought about it, this does look like a miscalculation of the workload. Even if he had got his full squad in order before this game there's no way it would have been sensible to play the two games on consecutive days without serious reinforcements - even without the days of double sessions that preceded it. Completely unrealistic for Gus to think it was even feasible in the first place. If this wasn't the original plan, it f***ing should have been.

Flown out yesterday weren't they? Gus made an error not taking a full 23 man squad including one or two of the young'uns. IMO that was him making a point. However, having thought about it, this does look like a miscalculation of the workload. Even if he had got his full squad in order before this game there's no way it would have been sensible to play the two games on consecutive days without serious reinforcements - even without the days of double sessions that preceded it. Completely unrealistic for Gus to think it was even feasible in the first place. If this wasn't the original plan, it f***ing should have been.
Or he shouldn't have organised back to back games, the planning has seemingly fallen down somewhere.

It's pretty clear to me, its not the first time that Gus has been a little bit smart about putting Conga under pressure. Let's face it, us as the fans were expecting more progress on transfers in general by this stage, so Gus must be doing his nut in. Him and Oatway both clearly stated at the end of last season that they wanted players in early during pre season, here we are a couple of weeks before the start of the season and the squad is worse than the one that was lucky to survive last season. All this bed wetter shit is just plain boring, and its pointless comparing other clubs' transfer business as, IMO, we had a bigger task on our hands this summer than any other team in the Premier League.

Has to be poyet trying to make some kind of message, that we need a few players brought in. Just doesn't add up, this close to the season, the last minute decision to send them over and everything he has said about what this trip was about. Not saying unrest, but definately sending a message to the powers that be.

It's pretty clear to me, its not the first time that Gus has been a little bit smart about putting Conga under pressure. Let's face it, us as the fans were expecting more progress on transfers in general by this stage, so Gus must be doing his nut in. Him and Oatway both clearly stated at the end of last season that they wanted players in early during pre season, here we are a couple of weeks before the start of the season and the squad is worse than the one that was lucky to survive last season. All this bed wetter shit is just plain boring, and its pointless comparing other clubs' transfer business as, IMO, we had a bigger task on our hands this summer than any other team in the Premier League.
Bang on mate.

There is no realistic amount of transfer business that could have coped with double training sessions for four days straight and then two consecutive match days. If Poyet is making a point about signings it's a f***ing dumb one.

Just debate instead of being a dick mate.

Worst kind if the good old you're is coming out

I'm not being a dick. I just find it utterly ludicrous the apparent level of stress and anguish for something that doesn't concern them people seem to get themselves into it.

I just don't understand the logic behind why people are so quick to get themselves into a flap over something they have very little knowledge about.

I'm not being a dick. I just find it utterly ludicrous the apparent level of stress and anguish for something that doesn't concern them people seem to get themselves into it.

I just don't understand the logic behind why people are so quick to get themselves into a flap over something they have very little knowledge about.
So you are in a flap about people getting in a flap about nothing.

Wasn't getting into a flap at all. My words are " I find it very strange"

I do, and flying a full outfield team out hours before a game is baffling. Especially when it is the under 21's. Surely it would have been more beneficial to include up to 5 of them in the first place. Maybe you took your frustration from other posters out in your reply to me. I don't know.

There is no realistic amount of transfer business that could have coped with double training sessions for four days straight and then two consecutive match days. If Poyet is making a point about signings it's a f***ing dumb one.

Gus might say that if you take a 23 man squad that's two first teams. I kind of agree with you mind, I'm just saying that I think that this is the reason that Gus has sent the kids in to play.

Totally ignore the fact that they flew out on half a days notice.

Sorry like it was an afterthought.

Will never ever believe Poyet or anyone who says it is a reward. A reward would be to take them for the full trip. Not 24 f***ing hours.

I don't think people are getting into a flap but we do wonder / speculate what is going on at the club??? After all we are all Sunderland supporter and on PF forum, therefore it is only natural to discuss the often strange goings on at our football club!!!

Anyway, has Gus has his post match interview yet and has he made any comments that we can all cross examine in detail and dissect!!!

Don't think I have. You've asked the question because you're worried about the lack of signings. You think the youngsters are playing tonight because we're getting desperate about a lack of signings. Tell me I'm wrong.

Try reading Poyet's interviews mate this morning.

Gus is making a point, clearly, and since we haven't signed enough players yet he has to look at the kids - who else is there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back