Why are we playing a reserve team tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are playing much better opposition tonight who play football in a different way to the clubs here, Gus and Congerton and everyone on here wants to see our kids get the opportunities to prove themselves, tonight is another opportunity to do just that, imagine how much we could save if Mav, Ba, Smith, Agnew, Honeyman , etc. step up and push for a first team position?!

Ok mate whatever. I know you, and I know what you're trying to imply.

You've lost me. Not trying to imply anything, I don't give a shit about transfers, the constant talking about it and point scoring is pointless. When they are signed, they are on the website.

You've lost me. Not trying to imply anything, I don't give a shit about transfers, the constant talking about it and point scoring is pointless. When they are signed, they are on the website.
Why you mentioning transfers? I didn't mention transfers.

:lol: Police style interrogation.

I'm not sure exactly what Gus is thinking but its certainly an interesting choice. There is a part of me that does think he could be making a point to the club and saying look, this is all we have as back up and we have quite a threadbare squad. If the youngsters take a good beating tonight (hope not) then maybe it would send an even bigger message. I just think flying them out last minute and then starting them all is very strange. Who have we sent to play Grimsby tonight then? The U18's plus Danny Graham?

I'm not sure exactly what Gus is thinking but its certainly an interesting choice. There is a part of me that does think he could be making a point to the club and saying look, this is all we have as back up and we have quite a threadbare squad. If the youngsters take a good beating tonight (hope not) then maybe it would send an even bigger message. I just think flying them out last minute and then starting them all is very strange. Who have we sent to play Grimsby tonight then? The U18's plus Danny Graham?

:lol: Danny Graham man, must be feeling pretty unwanted at the minute like! Be playing with the under 13s next week.

Don't think I have. You've asked the question because you're worried about the lack of signings. You think the youngsters are playing tonight because we're getting desperate about a lack of signings. Tell me I'm wrong.

I am not worried about signings in the slightest, I genuinely do not give a shit, I find the whole thing tedious.

I was asking to wonder if Gus is doing that to make a point about the lack of signings, I think he is personally. And think that is something worth mentioning.....but that doesn't mean that I am worried about transfers, because I really am not. We sign 10 players every year man, makes no difference does it.

:lol: Danny Graham man, must be feeling pretty unwanted at the minute like! Be playing with the under 13s next week.

I am not worried about signings in the slightest, I genuinely do not give a shit, I find the whole thing tedious.

I was asking to wonder if Gus is doing that to make a point about the lack of signings, I think he is personally. And think that is something worth mentioning.....but that doesn't mean that I am worried about transfers, because I really am not. We sign 10 players every year man, makes no difference does it.
Would he risk the fitness of the first team trying to make a childish point about a lack of signings?

No.

He clearly feels it would be beneficial playing the youngsters tonight.

might not have been the best idea to have sent him to boro! :eek:

We are playing much better opposition tonight who play football in a different way to the clubs here, Gus and Congerton and everyone on here wants to see our kids get the opportunities to prove themselves, tonight is another opportunity to do just that, imagine how much we could save if Mav, Ba, Smith, Agnew, Honeyman , etc. step up and push for a first team position?!

Agnew and Smith have been the stand out players in the Under 21 games I have seen, although head a few good things about Honeyman too.

We do seem to produce a certain type of player in midfield recently, all decent on the ball.

Would he risk the fitness of the first team trying to make a childish point about a lack of signings?

No.

So why did he say that the under 21s wouldn't be coming to Portugal?

Agnew and Smith have been the stand out players in the Under 21 games I have seen, although head a few good things about Honeyman too.

We do seem to produce a certain type of player in midfield recently, all decent on the ball.

Haven't seen that interview. He's clearly changed his mind and thinks it would be beneficial to play them tonight, otherwise they wouldn't be playing.

If think it's wise of Gus to bring some of the under 21 over considering our difficulty in signing players. Who knows, perhaps one or two may turn out to be pretty decent squad members this season.

might not have been the best idea to have sent him to boro! :eek:

:lol:

If think it's wise of Gus to bring some of the under 21 over considering our difficulty in signing players. Who knows, perhaps one or two may turn out to be pretty decent squad members this season.

Yeah very true, be good if even 1 just stood out enough to be kept on, was bit surprised none were in the original party.

It's just very strange.

"No players will be coming to Portugal unless they are involved in the first team for the season ahead"

Plan full of kids fly over on the day of the game!

Now that is random very random.

nobody is kicking off, try reading the actual post mate, it would help.
who you fckn looking at? You fckn lookin at me? Oh right so you looking me at my lass eh? What's that? My lass's tits? Youre looking at them? You think her nipples are pointing towards ya you say? LIVID. Prevert. Grooming. Mania

I hope the team don't go into the season lacking minutes on the field.

The again it's a good game for Poyet to see the youngsters against better opposition.

Yep, those 3 are the 3 most likely to step up sooner rather than later. I'd certainly be happy having them train with the first team and make appearances here and there this season, though a loan to the championship for all 3 is probably best.

A midfield of Larsson, Ba, Bridcutt, Catts, Gomez, Honeyman, Smith, Agnew doesn't look too bad, IF those 3 kids are ready to step up, ideally an extra starting quality player would be best, but the way things are going transfer wise for us I'm not counting any eggs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back