Who to support in the Champions League final

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the fortunate position of being invited to corporate hospitality for the final in Munich. Not the final I hoped to be seeing (hoping for an El Classico but what the hell...).

My gut reaction is that I'm a Bayern supporter for that night (despite the Germans shooting my grandad in WW2) because I cannot stand Chelsea. Or should I be patriotic and "support" Chelsea for the night?

Thoughts of the SMB?

Chelsea for the simple reason if the mags did get 4th it would bring a small comfort that they wouldn't have the chance of champions league.

Ive had a cuppla quid on Bayern since the Last 16. Easy choice.

Chelsea in the Europa League damages them for Financial Fair Play because they will lose 10's of millions. I wonder how Platini would stop him sponsoring the corner flag for £100m or something, but if all goes well it could be one less 'superpower' to deal with. Then SAFC make plots for national and then European domination mwahahaha

Chelsea in the Europa League damages them for Financial Fair Play because they will lose 10's of millions. I wonder how Platini would stop him sponsoring the corner flag for £100m or something, but if all goes well it could be one less 'superpower' to deal with. Then SAFC make plots for national and then European domination mwahahaha

Given a choice of no Champions League football or some, I'm sure the Chelsea fans would opt for a ground name spnsorship deal for a billion or so quid. "The Roman Colosseum"

Bayern are shocking at the back, Chelsea have a decent chance if Drogba can be arsed.

Obviously I hope Chelsea win but it will be a cracking final.

Chelsea purely because the scum are probably going to finish 4th

Just a point...the league finishes before the Champions League, so for those concerned about Newcastle finishing 4th, well if they finish 5th or 6th then we're all free to support Bayern. So you know, just wait to decide.

Bayern are shocking at the back, Chelsea have a decent chance if Drogba can be arsed.

Obviously I hope Chelsea win but it will be a cracking final.

You seem to be overlooking Chelsea are missing half their defence and midfield. Plus Bayern are on home turf where they have already beaten top teams like Real and Man City. Bayern, although they don't have players that can retain possession as well as Barca, have better penetration and cutting edge so I highly doubt parking the bus will work for Chelsea.

I'm in the fortunate position of being invited to corporate hospitality for the final in Munich. Not the final I hoped to be seeing (hoping for an El Classico but what the hell...).

My gut reaction is that I'm a Bayern supporter for that night (despite the Germans shooting my grandad in WW2) because I cannot stand Chelsea. Or should I be patriotic and "support" Chelsea for the night?

Thoughts of the SMB?

Please don't mention the war in front of the Germans.

It was 70 years ago but you still brought it up.

Our reputation in Germany is in the bin after Hay and Chisoura, try not to damage it farther.

The fact that you brought the war up, wanted a Spanish final, despite being English and are probably going to cheer on a German team against one of your own, suggests a tendency to the erratic.

Chelsea (and Man City) have ruined the Premier League with their bottomless pits of cash, how anyone can support them is beyond me.

Mags will get 3 points at best from their next 4 anyway.

Last edited:
You seem to be overlooking Chelsea are missing half their defence and midfield. Plus Bayern are on home turf where they have already beaten top teams like Real and Man City. Bayern, although they don't have players that can retain possession as well as Barca, have better penetration and cutting edge so I highly doubt parking the bus will work for Chelsea.

If Cahill and Luis are back then they ain't to bad. Luis may be a bit flaky but if he plays to his best then should be OK. As for midfield I think I'd prefer Essien to Mireilles. The big miss would be Ramires although Malouda ain't too bad.

If Cahill and Luis are back then they ain't to bad. Luis may be a bit flaky but if he plays to his best then should be OK. As for midfield I think I'd prefer Essien to Mireilles. The big miss would be Ramires although Malouda ain't too bad.

Essien has been shite for ages. Living off his rep like Gerrard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back