Who to support in the Champions League final

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the fortunate position of being invited to corporate hospitality for the final in Munich. Not the final I hoped to be seeing (hoping for an El Classico but what the hell...).

My gut reaction is that I'm a Bayern supporter for that night (despite the Germans shooting my grandad in WW2) because I cannot stand Chelsea. Or should I be patriotic and "support" Chelsea for the night?

Thoughts of the SMB?

We are against the Germans!!! It has to be Chavski even if it hurts, for Gods sake even G Neville 100% Manure went orgasmic when Torres scored..be an English football fan ffs.

Chelsea (and Man City) have ruined the Premier League with their bottomless pits of cash, how anyone can support them is beyond me.

Mags will get 3 points at best from their next 4 anyway.

I take it you think Barca, Madrid and Bayern have ruined their leagues as well.

How does bringing the best players from around the world ruin the league?

It has not stopped the top four from losing to the likes of Wigan, QPR, Blackburn etc

I take it you think Barca, Madrid and Bayern have ruined their leagues as well.

How does bringing the best players from around the world ruin the league?

It has not stopped the top four from losing to the likes of Wigan, QPR, Blackburn etc

I would rather a league full of Paul Thirlwells if it gave SAFC a chance to compete near the top.

Chelsea, obviously. Why on earth would any Brit not want them to?

You could argue they get even more money which then means they sign even better players to the detriment of your own club.

Since the dawn of the champions League the teams qualfying have barely changed as it is such a cash cow (Man City excepted for other, obvious reasons)

I'll wait until the end of the season to decide. If the Mags finish 4th then Chelsea. If not then Bayern. I've always had a soft spot for them since I went to see them play in the Olympicstadion years ago. Just hope it's a good final.

You seem to be overlooking Chelsea are missing half their defence and midfield. Plus Bayern are on home turf where they have already beaten top teams like Real and Man City. Bayern, although they don't have players that can retain possession as well as Barca, have better penetration and cutting edge so I highly doubt parking the bus will work for Chelsea.

Chances are Cahill will be back, him and Bostwinga centre half with Cole at left back and Ferraira right back (old now but still a decent enough full back)

John Terry not playing for Chelsea is a good thing for them.

You could argue they get even more money which then means they sign even better players to the detriment of your own club.

Since the dawn of the champions League the teams qualfying have barely changed as it is such a cash cow (Man City excepted for other, obvious reasons)

I read some where that last season Chitty got £4.5m from being in the Europa, this season in the CL (knocked out early) they got £24.3M. Chavski if they win will get £45m!

i.e. MoN at Villa always played the reserves when they were in the Europa, if we ever get there my guess is he will do the same. Financial rewards do not justify having a bigger squad and its easy to screw up EPL form with lots of games and traveling

Chances are Cahill will be back, him and Bostwinga centre half with Cole at left back and Ferraira right back (old now but still a decent enough full back)

John Terry not playing for Chelsea is a good thing for them.

I don't actually think Chelsea are that good defensively despite the Barca performance. Barca simply had no Plan B, no power to get in behind defences. Chelsea looked good away to Benfica and Barca because it was almost all tippy-tappy and they have a team full of strength and are good at playing compactly against that type of play. Cuenca looked weak as peak, but Bayern have power & width in abundance in Robben and Ribery. They seem to have a bit of an 'English' style about them and Chelsea are lackluster against that style as shown in the league this season.

bayern for me,cant stand chelsea and the fact john terry could be allowed to lift the trophy makes me want bayern to win it even more

I don't actually think Chelsea are that good defensively despite the Barca performance. Barca simply had no Plan B, no power to get in behind defences. Chelsea looked good away to Benfica and Barca because it was almost all tippy-tappy and they have a team full of strength and are good at playing compactly against that type of play. Cuenca looked weak as peak, but Bayern have power & width in abundance in Robben and Ribery. They seem to have a bit of an 'English' style about them and Chelsea are lackluster against that style as shown in the league this season.

Midfield will be interesting too.

Orioul - Mikel

Lampard Essien Malouda/Kalou

Chelsea for the simple reason if the mags did get 4th it would bring a small comfort that they wouldn't have the chance of champions league.

this ^^^^^^.the champions league would give the mags two chances at europe.dont the losers of the early rounds get entry to the europa cup.

Just a point...the league finishes before the Champions League, so for those concerned about Newcastle finishing 4th, well if they finish 5th or 6th then we're all free to support Bayern. So you know, just wait to decide.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back