Welbeck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember reading anywhere that he wasn't good enough, I do remember some people preferring borini to him

I said his scoring record for Man U was woeful, especially in the season they won the Premier League, and I stand by that.

I'll also say that it's far too early to be judging him this season. Cisse was the worlds greatest striker in his first few months with the Mags.

I said his scoring record for Man U was woeful, especially in the season they won the Premier League, and I stand by that.

I'll also say that it's far too early to be judging him this season. Cisse was the worlds greatest striker in his first few months with the Mags.
shearer wasn't a regular scorer at that age man. He'll start coming into his own at 23/4 like most strikers.

Shearer was younger than Welbeck when he signed for Blackburn. Shearer scored 112 goals in 138 appearances for Blackburn. If Welbeck gets anywhere near that record I'll wash my balls in a boiling pan.

Shearer was younger than Welbeck when he signed for Blackburn. Shearer scored 112 goals in 138 appearances for Blackburn. If Welbeck gets anywhere near that record I'll wash my balls in a boiling pan.
not comparing the two but shearer wasn't a regular scorer at 20/21 - he hit his prime like most strikers at the 23/4 age range.

Wickham is suffering a bit at the minute with people expecting regular goals. Not even the greats like shearer were doing it at that age.

It was pointed out on that thread that he was mostly played as a winger, and that his record when started up front was better than Sturridge's.

not comparing the two but shearer wasn't a regular scorer at 20/21 - he hit his prime like most strikers at the 23/4 age range.

Wickham is suffering a bit at the minute with people expecting regular goals. Not even the greats like shearer were doing it at that age.

Connor vs Shearer comparisons

Bloody SMB haha

When you think of the difference in quality its staggering Arsenal paid only £2 million more than the 14 million we were reportedly going to pay for Welbeck
I love Welbeck said it before transfer window closed and I will say again Welbeck over Borini but Welbeck or Borini would never get those chances with the Sunderland midfield compared to the Arsenal midfield. I also think wages would have been a problem with if we bought Welbeck thus the loan suggestion expensive one at that....

There were people who didn't think he good enough for us and said Borini was much better.

Are they going to show their faces on this thread? :lol:

I wasn't one of them.

However I did advocate sticking with Graham & Altodire as they will eventually come good :lol::lol::lol:

There were people who didn't think he good enough for us and said Borini was much better.

Are they going to show their faces on this thread? :lol:

Don't ever recall that

Remember some people saying that he wasn't going to score that many on the grounds that he wasn't scoring that many at a much better team, but that's not the same thing at all

I said I didn't think any top 4 club would want him, still surprised Arsenal came in for him. Would have loved to have got him in the summer but more for his overall contribution. Not many would have scored for us working with the chances, or lack thereof, we've created so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back