Welbeck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was pointed out on that thread that he was mostly played as a winger, and that his record when started up front was better than Sturridge's.

AJ plays as a winger in a pretty poor team, yet still managed to get 10 goals last season.

I'm still not convinced by Welbeck, regardless of his decent start to the season.

AJ plays as a winger in a pretty poor team, yet still managed to get 10 goals last season.

I'm still not convinced by Welbeck, regardless of his decent start to the season.

Again, someone else deemed not good enough by many. Even with some of the best midfielder stats in the entire division last season.

I prefer to base my opinion on what I see though, and while he can still be naive at times, I see a very good player there.
Sadly too good for us at this moment in time. Though some feel not good enough of course ;)

Only one goal the season before, when Man U won the title.

Like I've said, I'll reserve my judgement on Welbeck until the end of the season.

He only started 13 games that season, many of them on the left.

Saying a player isn't very good, isn't reserving your judgement by the way.

He only started 13 games that season, many of them on the left.

Saying a player isn't very good, isn't reserving your judgement by the way.

I've never said he wasn't any good, simply his goal scoring record was, at times, very poor. I hope the lad has a brilliant career at Arsenal and proves me wrong, because no matter what anyone says, he's a grafter.

Welbeck is a very good player but due to his physique can look a bit "bambi on ice" times which might go against him in some peoples eyes. He kind of reminds me of Paulo Wanchope a bit in that give him two chances and he'll likely trip over his laces for one but bury the other with aplomb. Playing in a more central role at Arsenal should see him get enough chances to reach a decent tally each season imo.

10 in 28 for England playing mainly on the wing isn't a bad return. I reckon this move to Arsenal is going to work out well for him he suffered from being versatile and coming through the ranks at man u.

Loved him for us. That short period when Bent was injured and him and Gyan played upfront together was awesome.

At times he looked a poor player for us and also for Man Utd, the fact he is scoring at Arsenal doesn't mean anything to me - how many chances and goals would Wickham/Fletcher/Altidore get playing for Arsenal? Loads I'd wager.

At times he looked a poor player for us and also for Man Utd, the fact he is scoring at Arsenal doesn't mean anything to me - how many chances and goals would Wickham/Fletcher/Altidore get playing for Arsenal? Loads I'd wager.
Not many.

Danny Welbeck is playing in a team that play the game the way it should be, he wouldn't get the chances even though we play it the right way according to some.

Aye,

Different strokes and different folks n all that.

The Arsenal creativity is on a different planet to ours.

I like Wickham but none of those 3 would've been able to run through the defence the other night to get into the positions to score like Welbeck did.

Welbeck is a very good player but due to his physique can look a bit "bambi on ice" times which might go against him in some peoples eyes. He kind of reminds me of Paulo Wanchope a bit in that give him two chances and he'll likely trip over his laces for one but bury the other with aplomb. Playing in a more central role at Arsenal should see him get enough chances to reach a decent tally each season imo.
He looks a bit "bambi on ice" because he IS a bit "bambi on ice". Typical Arsenal signing - not quite good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back