Welbeck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love these threads where people just make stuff up in the OP. Strange lad.

I knaa, no-one here has ever doubted Danny's abilities....from one single thread btw......

Welbeck is overrated as fuck. Also injured half the time he was at safc

Welbeck is overrated in my opinion like, doesn't score enough. The only reason he is getting a game for England is because of who he plays for. If he played for Sunderland he would not be anywhere near the England squad.

Borini. Welbeck is overrated as fuck.

8m and no more for borini, wellbeck ? Not interested.

Borini every time. Welbeck's scoring record in an attacking position for a top club is dreadful

Welbeck...£15m :D:D:D

Wouldnt even pay 6 for welbeck

Borini all day long. How Welbeck gets anywhere near the England team baffles me frankly. If he played for West Brom or us he'd be nowhere near it. Same goes for Smalling.

I think if you said Borini at 15m or Welbeck at 10m there might have been a debate.

I really don't get the fuss over Welbeck. He scored one Premier League goal in 27 appearances for Man U when they won the title two seasons ago.

TBF most people realise he would have been a sensational signing for us, but you could go to any pub in Sunderland and find fans saying we should send Johnson to WBA with Sess and get some proper grafters in.

I knaa, no-one here has ever doubted Danny's abilities....from one single thread btw......

TBF most people realise he would have been a sensational signing for us, but you could go to any pub in Sunderland and find fans saying we should send Johnson to WBA with Sess and get some proper grafters in.
f***ing hell :lol:

One canny game and he's a world beater, then?

We'd have probably played him out wide, anyway, similar to where he played at Man Utd. I remember eyebrows being raised when Liverpool spent the money on Sturridge, who was similarly unspectacular playing out wide for Chelsea.

Plus Arsenal actually create chances for their forwards. Any player is on a hiding to nothing playing up front for Sunderland at the minute.

One canny game and he's a world beater, then?

We'd have probably played him out wide, anyway, similar to where he played at Man Utd. I remember eyebrows being raised when Liverpool spent the money on Sturridge, who was similarly unspectacular playing out wide for Chelsea.

Plus Arsenal actually create chances for their forwards. Any player is on a hiding to nothing playing up front for Sunderland at the minute.

No, that Turkish defence was atrocious. I also agree his job would be a lot harder here (I also rate Wickham actually who is doing really well in a tough job this season).

The thing is mate he would not be prolific if he signed for us, we just dont create enough chances for our strikers. At Arsenal he is playing as a striker with about 5 attacking midfielders creating chances for him, only a complete gonk would not score a few for Arsenal. There wold be no guarantees of him being a success up here anyway, he is excelling as there are better players providing for him, if he played for us he would be standing at wide wondering what the fuck was going on.

he's a good fit for Arsenal and will score plenty. Good luck to the lad, was good for us and we were good for him - better than Borini, though he was good too.

Sad twat. At least wait till the end of the season before telling everyone 'I told you so'. Welbeck is going through a good spell, lets see if he is still in top nick in May. Add to that he would not look half as decent for SAFC as he does for Arsenal.

Anyone can have a good game. Doesn't disprove my point, he flatters to deceive the majority of the time so I stand by my point.

There were people who didn't think he good enough for us and said Borini was much better.

Are they going to show their faces on this thread? :lol:
they will be the same posters who said at the time of signing on loan
danny rose was shite
ki was shite
welbeck was shite
borini was shite
Alonso was shite

Sad twat. At least wait till the end of the season before telling everyone 'I told you so'. Welbeck is going through a good spell, lets see if he is still in top nick in May. Add to that he would not look half as decent for SAFC as he does for Arsenal.

Merely a response to Plank who thought no-one on here would be daft enough to think Welbeck wasn't good enough for Sunderland.
I'm not immune, personally thought Ashley Young would have been a bad signing when it was mentioned, nothing to do with ability, just something not right with him last year or two.
Not that we were ever going to get him of course.

Also are the people saying he wouldn't be able to do it for us, the same ones who slag our current strikers off?
Would be wrong to write them off if a full England international couldn't do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back