Watmore out for season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Id imagine we will go and sign Naismith as a replacement.
Think we need a Walters/Naismith and a Ulloa in january

Totally agree, I'd take Naismith on the cheap as he could do a similar role and add the odd goal

We 100% need another alternative for Anichebe, as although we have improved, its almost all down to him. Would be a big loss.

Like I've said a million times, he is the ONLY player we have got who can get us up the pitch and give the defenders a breather. Now people will see what he brought to the team when he's not playing.

That was true with no Big Vic, no Borini and carrying Rodwell in midfield. Not sure it's the case now. If we were going to lose one of the forwards for the season, then he is the 'best' one to lose.

Very sad though. Hope the lad recovers 100%. That's the important thing. This sort of injury ends careers... :cry:

I really hope this dosen't impact on Watmore's career long term.

In the short term I think Borini will return and hopefully carry on what Watmore was doing, I don't rate Januzaj at all so hopefully Borini isn't too far from match fitness.

I can see that. The reason I asked was because at school, our sports teacher got us to practice using a tennis ball, it improved our control and reactions immeasurably. Once we got back to the full size football things seemed like a piece of piss :D
This is why gazza had the skills he had. Hours and hours practising with a tennis ball in the street, as a young kid.

Given his work rate it's going to be like losing 2 players from the first team. Get well soon Dunc and keep your chin up.

Last edited:
Shame for the lad but he is young, lives a clean life etc so hopefully he will get over it.
We should be able to cope without him more than adequately though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back