Vasas Budepest and Sporting Lisbon away in '73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at our brief foray into European football and I was just wondering if anyone knew if any Sunderland fans went to either of the away games in Budepest or Lisbon? I'm guessing not many (if any) did, especially not to Budapest but it would be interested to here of any stories of fans that did make it

Also I noticed that the attendance for the home game vs Vasas was just 22,762, any reason behind this (baring in mind it was our first ever European game)

I would love an European away game now!

Strange reading this as I went through my programmes yesterday and came across the vasas programme in there :):)

Went to vasas with three mates from hylton castle. We went from Teeside arrived back in Sunderland around 7am the next day. Must have went with the supporters club as I can remember standing at the Wheatsheaf with our flags. Arrived there in our platforms and long hair and itdrizzeled all day. Had a great meal over there in a hotel I think. We were told after we ate it it was horse meat. Did not bother me, lovely piece of steak it was. Their supporters were very friendly and kept us well supplied with schnapps all through the game. I forgot about their being two matches their that day, memories fade. All the photoes we took have disappeared over the years as well. Pity. Dave Redman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back