Travel insurance for the elderly

STHLM

Full Back
I'd like my dad to come and visit us in Sweden while he's still mobile. He's old, got 2 stents and takes a fistful of pills every day. But I've seen travel insurances advertised on tv for elderly with various conditions and wondered if anyone had any recommendations or experience with any of the companies?

I'd like my dad to come and visit us in Sweden while he's still mobile. He's old, got 2 stents and takes a fistful of pills every day. But I've seen travel insurances advertised on tv for elderly with various conditions and wondered if anyone had any recommendations or experience with any of the companies?
Staysure will cover most things and are reasonable.

Stay sure for me, not elderley but have 4 stents,asthma and a few other things...paid £140 for a yearly policy.
"Not Elderly" means you got that price.
I'm 70 , no heart issues ,just omeprozole and statin prescription. Our (wife and I) last trip to the states , cheapest quote for a single trip was over £400. Tried all the comparison sites.
In the end I opened a joint account at my bank that costs me a tenner a month and it comes with free 12month holiday insurance. They charge me an extra £75 pa. for reaching 70years.Only restriction is , each trip is limited to 30 days.

Last edited:
"Not Elderly" means you got that price.
I'm 70 , no heart issues ,just omeprozole and statin prescription. Our (wife and I) last trip to the states , cheapest quote for a single trip was over £400. Tried all the comparison sites.
In the end I opened a joint account at my bank that costs me a tenner a month and it comes with free 12month holiday insurance. They charge me an extra £75 pa. for reaching 70years.Only restriction is , each trip is limited to 30 days.
Usually this " free " policy still requires a medical questionnaire for existing conditions and will require an additional fee.

If your " free one " covers existing conditions let me know which bank it is!

Usually this " free " policy still requires a medical questionnaire for existing conditions and will require an additional fee.

If your " free one " covers existing conditions let me know which bank it is!
Wife and I had to go trogh the questionnaire . To be more exact . The the bank account costs £15pm , but they pay I think either £5 or £10pm back to me or having it . I forget the exact details. Nat West. Reward Platinum. My memory is getting worse so I may be wrong on all the details , but it is still a hell of a lot cheaper for us, than buying insurance from a broker.

Was discussing this yesterday. What’s to stop you taking no insurance, getting emergency treatment if required, then buggering off back to England and refusing to pay the bill?

Was discussing this yesterday. What’s to stop you taking no insurance, getting emergency treatment if required, then buggering off back to England and refusing to pay the bill?
i've been to most countries in europe riding the bike and never had travel insurance, always relied on the e11/ehic card. luckily never needed to use it. it's only this year we've got proper travel insurance.

Back