Top 3 Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester will do well not to be in a relegation battle next season, to think otherwise is delusion of the highest order. By Leicester fans logic after our escape last season we should have been comfortably upper middle this season :rolleyes:

I'd expect Sunderland to finish 6th

If I was thick as fuck

You sound like a mag tbh mate

You lot have an obsession about Newcastle.

I think the reason you built such a big stadium and your obsession with attendance figures is due to your inferiority complex and burning desire to impress and compete with them up the road.

I think the reason you built such a big stadium and your obsession with attendance figures is due to your inferiority complex and burning desire to impress and compete with them up the road.
We fill our stadium

Do you get 43000 average attendances?

How's this nipple not banned? Embarrassing. He's not a Leicester fan either

Leicester will do well not to be in a relegation battle next season, to think otherwise is delusion of the highest order. By Leicester fans logic after our escape last season we should have been comfortably upper middle this season :rolleyes:

Not at all, I'm fully aware that we could be in a relegation battle next season.

I just think I've seen enough quality in our team over the season and how it's come together for us in the last couple of months that we could just as easily be mid table and finish with 50 pts.

We're not Chelsea or Arsenal (despite what the form table says :lol:) and our first objective will obviously be safety. We'll still be looking behind us rather than in front of us for the majority of next season methinks. Just because Sunderland are in constant relegation battles it doesn't mean a club from the lower echelons of the PL can't have realistic ambitions on getting out of that group of perennial strugglers.

Not sure why Austin is mentioned. We have no chance in getting Austin. He and his agent will try and get Liverpool if not Southampton. Shane Long would be a decent shout for us tho.
I don't know why Long gets punted about so much... hard to believe he was playing for Hull last year. He seems to have a decent attitude and work ethic... I'd like us to sign him and keep him long term, he's fast and would score 10 - 15 a season if started regularly.

Decent players, hadn't considered Dembele or Adebayor before.

I'd like Ings, Borini and Fer. Maybe not top targets, but realistic and decent players.

Fer. Totally overrated and hardly highly rated by QPR fans

Not at all, I'm fully aware that we could be in a relegation battle next season.

I just think I've seen enough quality in our team over the season and how it's come together for us in the last couple of months that we could just as easily be mid table and finish with 50 pts.

We're not Chelsea or Arsenal (despite what the form table says :lol:) and our first objective will obviously be safety. We'll still be looking behind us rather than in front of us for the majority of next season methinks. Just because Sunderland are in constant relegation battles it doesn't mean a club from the lower echelons of the PL can't have realistic ambitions on getting out of that group of perennial strugglers.
When I watched you the other week it was obvious why both sides were at the wrong end of the table. Pearson backed into a system that has worked over a short period of time, this will be countered next season by sides with more quality(ie the majority of sides in the Premier league)

When I watched you the other week it was obvious why both sides were at the wrong end of the table. Pearson backed into a system that has worked over a short period of time, this will be countered next season by sides with more quality(ie the majority of sides in the Premier league)

We needed a draw at your place and got one quite comfortably.

We won at Burnley a couple of weeks before that and weren't any better than we were against Sunderland. Before that we won away at West Brom and only started playing when we were behind.

At home though it's a different story every team we've played in the last couple of months with the exception of Chelsea we've put them to the sword and won comfortably. In those five games we've won all five and with a 14-2 aggregate.

I have every reason to believe that we will be a mid table PL side next season on the evidence but fully accept we might be down there with you lot as well.

I might be boring, but for me the main problem with Adebayor isn't the quality or age, but his wage demands.
Carry on being boring. My main problem is that he could not give a flying f*ck about the clubs he plays for. Just the money.

We needed a draw at your place and got one quite comfortably.

We won at Burnley a couple of weeks before that and weren't any better than we were against Sunderland. Before that we won away at West Brom and only started playing when we were behind.

At home though it's a different story every team we've played in the last couple of months with the exception of Chelsea we've put them to the sword and won comfortably. In those five games we've won all five and with a 14-2 aggregate.

I have every reason to believe that we will be a mid table PL side next season on the evidence but fully accept we might be down there with you lot as well.
You need a sword putting to your throat you boring kernt.

I'd be happy with them all if adebayor took a massive pay cut but I doubt we would get any of them
I don't want Adabayor anywhere near my club. He represents all of the footballer's characteristics that make me puke.

Evans and Dembele would be perfect for us. I also reckon Jamie Vardy is a good player and with his recent call-up, could be looking to move to a bigger club....but one that plays him every week. Thoughts?

I think unless we make big statements with early summer signings, i can't see Vardy coming to Sunderland, he'd not leave Leciester for us, maybe if a secure mid-table team or higher came in he'd leave Leicester but otherwise he'll stay there.

I also think there is better out there, he had a good finish to the season but he doesn't score enough goals over a season, pace is about all he has that we currently don't have. We can surely find a striker who has both pace and 10+ goals in him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back