Top 3 Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

We've been relegated before with Brian Little, Peter Taylor & Micky Adams when we were the worst team in the league and I had no faith in us staying up because we lacked any real quality.

I always had some faith in us staying up this season because we were never that bad. We didn't beat the top teams to stay up but we did beat the teams in the bottom 14. At home we trounced these teams and won rather easily. Looking at what's in the PL now I'd be disappointed if we couldn't finish above:

Bournemouth
Watford
Middlesbrough/Norwich
Hull/Newcastle
Sunderland
West Brom
We shall see. The trouble is that all of those teams you mention will be disappointed to finish below Leicester. This league is so competitive, we've spent countless millions in the years we've been in the premier league and gone backwards if anywhere. So a lot is down to how well the recruitment is handled of which a large part involves luck I guess. I do like Leicester tbh and the run you put together was come nd able, all I'd say is try to manage your own expectations as this league is quick to bite you on the arse!

We shall see. The trouble is that all of those teams you mention will be disappointed to finish below Leicester. This league is so competitive, we've spent countless millions in the years we've been in the premier league and gone backwards if anywhere. So a lot is down to how well the recruitment is handled of which a large part involves luck I guess. I do like Leicester tbh and the run you put together was come nd able, all I'd say is try to manage your own expectations as this league is quick to bite you on the arse!

A good manager and recruitment team are more important than ever now as gate money becomes less significant and a smaller percentage of a club's revenue.

I noticed two years a go that Sunderland had £13m revenue from gate receipts and Fulham had £12m despite gates of half as much. You could argue that Fulham at the time was a more attractive club just for their location.

Any well managed club can have their sights on seventh as achievable. It's only when you get to sixth Tottenham have twice the revenue and the obvious attraction of being a London club that it gets harder and harder to progress.

Evans, Adebayor and Dembele.

Dembele for me is a must this summer to go alongside Catts and Seb in the midfield. Excellent dribbler, can take players on and chip in with goals.

Adebayor is a proven goalscorer at this level and probably wouldn't come like but then again I thought Jermain Defoe would never entertain us and we friggin swapped him for Jozy Altidore!!

And Johnny Evans I'd love back at the club.

Anyone else got a top 3 for this summer?

Adebayor? You want a bloke who's mental well being is dubious at our club on about£100,000 a week? Give over ya daft get. Evans yes, Some pace in midfield- maybe Townsend( though he wouldn't get in the England squad anymore), it's not really plausible but would love Tomas Rosicky and a fast, powerful forward.

A good manager and recruitment team are more important than ever now as gate money becomes less significant and a smaller percentage of a club's revenue.

I noticed two years a go that Sunderland had £13m revenue from gate receipts and Fulham had £12m despite gates of half as much. You could argue that Fulham at the time was a more attractive club just for their location.

Any well managed club can have their sights on seventh as achievable. It's only when you get to sixth Tottenham have twice the revenue and the obvious attraction of being a London club that it gets harder and harder to progress.
Exactly. Swansea and Southampton are good examples of clubs that have been managed well who then aspire to 7th and with a bit of luck maybe 6th. We are the opposite unfortunately. Whatever happens here's hoping for an improvement next season for both teams

I think we're absolutely desperate for a decent left winger and a creative centre mid. Other than that I don't think we have too bad of a side. Not great but we're probably guilty of wanting too much too soon which has landed us in bother.

I'd love to see a front 3 of Borini Defoe and Johnson with Cattermole, Larrson and he is out of our range but someone like Benat from Bilbao is the only player I can think of that is close to what we need. Someone comfortable on the ball that can open up the defence.

If Evans is available for 7 million, I'd like to think we'd be straight in there. Fuck Everton Johnny, you know we already love you.
Richards on a free for me is cracking business. Again, like to think we'd be in for him.
Moses would make up me 3. chelsea don't want him, he's a big quick fucker with a goal or two in him. 6 mil?

As for can't hit a barn door, good skill, questionable attitude. Lad's had some shit like, but not for me. prefer a big hard fuck up front, especially if Dick stays and we carry on with the 4-3-3.

Jonjo Shelvey 14m
Jonny Evans 9m
Seb Coates 3m
Santiago Vergini free
Micah Richards free
Aaron Lennon 7.5m
Rafael van der Vaart free
Rickie Lambert 4m

Top 8. I've played champ man and all this is possible!

Vergini has been shite 2 seasons running. Fuck signing him like

Saw a few mentions of Milner. He spoke to Arsenal last summer and they could only go to 50% of his current wage. He decided to stay at City.

Looking through the fantasy football list of players (scientific method I know) I've come up with the following list of IMO realistic targets:

Kieran Trippier
Andre Wisdom
James Chester
Geoff Cameron
Sebastien Coates
Micah Richards

Ki Sung-Yeung (if Swansea get someone else in maybe?)
George Boyd
Leroy Fer
Steven N'Zonzi
Jason Puncheon
Nathan Dyer
Matt Phillips
Ryan Mason (if Spurs spend big on another midfielder possibly?)
Robbie Brady
Adnan Januzaj (loan)
Eljero Elia
Aiden McGeady
Andros Townsend
Christian Atsu

Danny Ings (probably will have better offers)
Steven Naismith
Shane Long
Fabio Borini (I know, I know)

Obviously that's just Premiership players - there's bound to be loads more good Championship/foreign-based targets.
Trippier & Fer are good shouts. Phillips too, especially if Johnson were to become unavailable

Wouldn't argue against Evans or Richards, still like the look of Lewis Holtby (boyhood Everton fan?) and he'd be a realistic option and I'd test the water with Kevin Mirallas, doesn't seem to get the starts he should under Martinez, he'd be a class signing imo.

Mirallas??? He's been after a CL club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back