Tommy Lynn - RIP

RIP Tom. Truly shocked and gutted when I heard the sad news this morning.

Did a few away trips from the Board Inn with him and his mates on Wallys bus.

One of the nicest and most genuine blokes you will ever meet. The term 'massive lads fan' was created for supporters like him.

Thoughts are with his family and his many close friends.

Rest easy mate.

Can remember Tom especially at the so called Battle of Bath Lane, he was always the sensible one who sensed when something was going tits up, remember him shouting at everyone to stick together & he wasn't a trouble maker, was bedlam after that, but he definitely stuck in my memory, aswell as Alan Crago was with us all that day & who sadly departed recently ..RIP two true Legends of this football club that probably don't deserve such fans 😢

That's the lad, nuttier than squirrel shit! Tom loved him to bits though, was like having a court jester around all the time, some of the antics on the Board Inn bus could fill a book, unfortunately the best one to write it has just left the building, last time I spoke to Tom properly I mentioned he should have put all the stories together and it would be a best seller, "when I retire" he said.....😣
Court jester 😆😆😆

Saw the lad a few times at away games when I used to go, remember him mainly for the letters he had in the Football Echo back in the day.
RIP Tom Lynn a sad loss to Sunderland

Back