Tommy Lynn - RIP

Had me stag weekend in Tobermory ( Isle of Mull ) on way back on train on the Monday had a canny slurp with Tommy and me mates etc, got home about 8pm bit worse for wear , was watching Sky Sports News later on and breaking news was Wilkinson had been sacked, SSN say lets have a reaction from Sunderland fan Tommy Lynn, who gave a perfectly lucid response as though it was a job interview. Total professional .

The worlds become an emptier place.
He used to love a party at his house , Christmas eve party I had I fell asleep in a chair , woke up and he was in bed so I went home, didnt realise my house key had fell down the side of chair, had to go back to his and couldn't wake him up, so I went to kip in his dogs kennel out back !!

Little story summed up Tommy as a person in the early days of the Wearside Roar he was always keen on the fans feedback.

I sent my Sunderland supporting mate in Dublin a copy and he said he loved it.

I let Tom know this he asked me for my mates address which I gave him.
He then sent my mate FIVE free copies of the magazine what a man.

Little story summed up Tommy as a person in the early days of the Wearside Roar he was always keen on the fans feedback.

I sent my Sunderland supporting mate in Dublin a copy and he said he loved it.

I let Tom know this he asked me for my mates address which I gave him.
He then sent my mate FIVE free copies of the magazine what a man.
There wasn't many people with as much time for others as Tom, generous with his time and support for anyone, add in articulate, intelligent, ridiculous recall for dates and places, and a right laugh and top drinking partner ,could you ask for more from a mate? He'll be missed by many.

RIP my old school mate Tommy.
Number One SAFC fan.
Fond memories of school,footy, clubbing, dancing and travelling to SAFC away games. As I moved away from Sunderland in mid-1980s saw little of him over the years but met up at games in London, Norwich and recently in Sunderland.
Sincere condolences to Alison, Julie, family and friends.
xxxx

Just heard he passed away last night. Absolute massive lads fan. RIP marra

Oh that’s such sad news I didn’t know him personally but knew of him and about his devotion to SAFC. When I got married my mother in law told me she had been friends with his mam from school days.

Sincere condolences 💐 to his friends and family may he sleep in heavenly peace.

Back