This point last season

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion I think we've been unfortunate in some matches where we could have got points (City, Boro, Spurs, Palace, West Ham).

We've ridden our luck in the recent wins v Bournemouth and Hull (largely down to Pickford) and the Leicester game could've gone pear shaped if they'd equalised with a minute to go ( again Pickford).

Obviously Defoe has been instrumental but Anichebe has been massive. Confidence is growing and it's all looking a lot rosier than a month ago. Keep the faith
Why is your Keeper making great saves riding your luck? He is part of a team, his job is to stop the ball going in the net, when he does that it isn't luck.

So nothing to spend and more useless players is better?

Djilobodji isn't useless. Neither is Ndong. I'm not going to judge the kids he brought in yet and signing if the beast was an absolute master stroke.

Moyes :cool:

Why is your Keeper making great saves riding your luck? He is part of a team, his job is to stop the ball going in the net, when he does that it isn't luck.

We are lucky as fuck that Defoe, a striker, is class at scoring goals anarl :lol:

Djilobodji isn't useless. Neither is Ndong. I'm not going to judge the kids he brought in yet and signing if the beast was an absolute master stroke.

We are lucky as fuck that Defoe, a striker, is class at scoring goals anarl :lol:
I hate all those type of arguments. " you only stay up cos of Defoe " " you'd be shit without Defoe "

But we do have him and we chose to sign him cos he is good at scoring goals. So fuck off. Getting me wound up thinking about it haha

I hate all those type of arguments. " you only stay up cos of Defoe " " you'd be shit without Defoe "

But we do have him and we chose to sign him cos he is good at scoring goals. So fuck off. Getting me wound up thinking about it haha
Ienwood just leave it marra some people just think your only allowed an opinion if it's the same as theirs and hurl keyboard abuse if you don't agree with theirs. It's pathetic.

He didn't. The squad was down to sixteen players by the time he came :lol:

Kaboul forced his hand. Yedlin is shite. Short wouldn't pay for Mvila. Hence Allardyce, who had more time to complete the deal than Moyes, didn't get him.

The money was spent to get the squad back up in numbers and given the limited time he went for young uns to blood in (injuries galore meant they were thrown in) and players he knew he could get in quickly.

You have an agenda and you love Steve Bruce. Basically what I'm saying is, you are clueless marra.

Man utd were lucky as fuck in the 90s, if they didn't have a class keeper they'd have let more goals in, if they didn't a class middle two they wouldn't have bossed games, if they didn't have class wide men they'd not have created as much and if they didn't have class strikers they'd have scored less.

Last edited:
Bollocks he took over a squad late in the window when the previous manager left us in the lurch. We had a good finish to last season but we do that every season then struggle the following season.

It wasn't quite the same this time to be fair. It wasn't that knackers who had let us down earlier in the season finally started playing and we had a miracle escape; it was that we brought in quality which gelled and we starting playing as a good unit. We had top half form in the last half of the season and it wasn't an accident. For once we actually looked competent and were unlucky not to pick up the required points long before we did.

To be fair to Moyes he had horrendous injury issues and had to sort out his best 11 with very little time. Also the club really should have kept Kaboul, and got in Mvilla and either Yedlin or another RB to make it easier to hit the ground running..

But we now have players coming back, a way to hold the ball up and effectively an extra player as Rodwell isn't starting.. so I'm pretty hopeful after being mired in gloom a month back.

Last edited:
I may be the only one but I don't quite believe every tweet a footballer makes is 100% true.
Agree normally but it was well documented that he had flown into Heathrow hoping to complete a deal as well getting a lot of coverage in the media and sports news.

Nah. Horrendous run started a few month before Keano left.

Can't have. Something like six weeks before Keane left we beat Newcastle at home, two draws preceded that (Arsenal and Fulham) and we won away to Blackburn two weeks before he left.

PL record on leaving that season was Played 15, won 4, drew 3, lost 8. We had a couple of heavy defeats in the month before he left, but our form was all over the place all season.

It wasn't like

Of course it was. It wasn't too late to do better, but preseason was already underway - that's late.

It wasn't quite the same this time to be fair. It wasn't that knackers who had let us down earlier in the season finally started playing and we had a miracle escape; it was that we brought in quality which gelled and we starting playing as a good unit. We had top half form in the last half of the season and it wasn't an accident. For once we actually looked competent and were unlucky not to pick up the required points long before we did.

To be fair to Moyes he had horrendous injury issues and had to sort out his best 11 with very little time. Also the club really should have kept Kaboul, and got in Mvilla and either Yedlin or another RB to make it easier to hit the ground running..

But we now have players coming back, a way to hold the ball up and effectively an extra player as Rodwell isn't starting.. so I'm pretty hopeful after being mired in gloom a month back.

We brought in quality that gelled :lol:

From January onwards we looked a better 'team', we were more organised but there were still problems. We went into the last month and went about it like we do every season and went for it - it was still close though. Peoples opinions are masssively swayed by the last two home games though, when it was do or die stuff as it is every season and we played an Everton side who wanted rid of their manager and were absolute dross. Realistically we were set up to massively protect the defence as Allardyce still didn't trust them - Kirchoff was given virtually a sweeper role to tidy up in front of the defence and even he and the centre halves had protection in Cats and Mvilla. There was little or no creativity from those two, they were there mostly to work their bollocks off, track, close down and put pressure on the opposition and to act as a buffer. Kaboul and Kone were immense, but there were still signs they could be got at. It's quite a common feature for Allardyce sides to protect the centre halves like that to such and extent they're protected and play much better than they are as individuals.

Further up the field we had Defoe doing what he does, but delivery was still pumped up. Allardyce tried on a few occasions to get Ndoye in as he simply needs a strong forward in there somewhere given how the ball goes forward, but it never really worked. Khazri was indifferent but added a bit of vision and workrate, Borini worked hard but only showed a few quality moments and Watmore was Watmore.

We looked more organised, truth is we've seen it all before and although we became more confident as a result of looking a better team there was no guarantees it was close the real thing.

Last edited:
It wasn't like
Of course it was, read the post

Kaboul wanted to leave, no point in forcing him to stay, nobody knows whether we could get mvilla or not due to the complicated deal, and yedlin was average hence why he is now playing championship football

Last edited:
Of course it was, read the post

Kaboul wanted to leave, no point in forcing him to stay, nobody knows whether we could get mvilla or not due to the complicated deal, and yedlin was average hence why he is now playing championship football

I have

It wasn't at all

By the way don't agree with kaboul bit

In same way why make kone stay then?

And Moyes has had a much weaker squad to work with :cool:
That has been self inflicted

We stayed up by a point you f***ing moron it wasn't a very very good squad

Let MVila and Yedin go what a spacca
One defeat in last 10 games though. The form was excellent and there was a positive feel about the club.
And then miserable Moyes rocks up and blows 30m on mostly shite.

Last edited:
I have

It wasn't at all

By the way don't agree with kaboul bit

In same way why make kone stay then?
Because Kaboul went for family reasons it's totally different to Kone. It's not hard to understand that he had a lot less time than other managers, managers start there planning before the season ends. Then take all pre season training, Moyes had none of that and a shitload of injuries to deal with.

I think you know what I meant. Ok I'll rephrase.

Pickford has been playing out of his skin. He made a mistake against Southampton and has made none since. With our leaky defence I'm f***ing over the moon to have a class keeper playing so well. Long may it continue

And bought shite (mostly).

That is debateable* but regardless, still doesn't make it a weaker squad if he is simply adding to it.

Would love to know which managers could've come in, assessed and made deals in six weeks mind. Especially considering we needed a fair few in as the squad was so small.

*Djilobodji looks good now that Kone is actually playing, Ndong is harshly judged due to his price tag and Big Vic was an absolute master stroke.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back