This point last season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rest of December is all about chipping away at it for me. Yes, I would love us to win the 3 obvious ones, and pick up a point or even sneak a win against Chelsea or Man U, but if we can get 6 points out of these 5 games I would be content enough. 17 pts from 19 games whilst probably having us just in the bottom 3, would be huge given our first 10 games, and would see us going in the right direction.

And for a club that's been bumbling around the lower reaches of the Premier League for how long now?

Moyes has been trying to plait shit since he came here.

Agreed, and despite our mini resurgence he'll be doing so for a while yet.

I think we will go into the new year on 18 points.

I would of taken that at the start of the season. I thought Moyes got a shit load of things wrong earlier in the season but he is getting things right now and we are picking up points. People do need to remember we still don't have the best of squads and have people getting injured all the time so we aren't going to go flying up the league, however if we are in and around it come Jan I think we will have a decent window and will have more chance of pulling away from the bottom 3

Agreed, and despite our mini resurgence he'll be doing so for a while yet.

Would agree with this although I would say Moyes made it harder for himself on a number of occasions with transfers, tactics and things he has said in the media. He seems to have learned from the latter 2 and things have been much better in recent weeks

I still think we are a bit shaky in the middle of the park but things are looking up

What unadulterated bollox.
Moyes inherited a very very good squad that was playing top 8 football over the last dozen games.
He was gappy to let kaboul, mvila and yedlin go.
He was given 30 m to spend to replace them and bought shite mostly

I wish I was on the gear you seem to be on.

Exactly

Plenty time

Some managers get appointed after 8 games when we have no wins

We can't change that though, we are doing better on the pitch but he still needs to have a much better Jan transfer window

I've been critical of his tactics this season but he is has been changing things to improve them and we are getting players fit

I would of taken that at the start of the season. I thought Moyes got a shit load of things wrong earlier in the season but he is getting things right now and we are picking up points. People do need to remember we still don't have the best of squads and have people getting injured all the time so we aren't going to go flying up the league, however if we are in and around it come Jan I think we will have a decent window and will have more chance of pulling away from the bottom 3

Would agree with this although I would say Moyes made it harder for himself on a number of occasions with transfers, tactics and things he has said in the media. He seems to have learned from the latter 2 and things have been much better in recent weeks

I still think we are a bit shaky in the middle of the park but things are looking up

I don't buy this "he's learned" much in the sense that it's being used on here, in the main it's just people who wrote him off attempting to justify their over the top reactions to almost every decision he made. He is what he is, a vastly experienced manager with a proven track record in this division who has set about his job in much the same manner as his predecessor. He's "learned" about the squad he inherited and how best to to get the most from them but in general he's the same man who walked through the door in July, that is to say one of the best appointments we could have made at this juncture.

Exactly

Plenty time

Some managers get appointed after 8 games when we have no wins

Time enough for someone with your talent but this is David Moyes we're talking here.

Last edited:
I don't buy this "he's learned" much in the sense that it's being used on here, in the main it's just people who wrote him off attempting to justify their over the top reactions to almost every decision he made. He is what he is, a vastly experienced manager with a proven track record in this division who has set about his job in much the same manner as his predecessor. He's "learned" about the squad he inherited and how best to to get the most from them but in general he's the same man who walked through the door in July, that is to say one of the best appointments we could have made at this juncture.

Time enough for someone with your talent but this is David Moyes we're talking here.

Hallelujah.

That is what i mean though, he has learned what works and what doesnt with the players he had and we are now seeing the benefits on the pitch. He has changed things that were not working and it had made us better, this will be an ongoing thing and there will always be things that arent working as we arent very good

I have never said i wanted moyes sacked like but i did question some of the things he did in the opening 10 games

In my opinion I think we've been unfortunate in some matches where we could have got points (City, Boro, Spurs, Palace, West Ham).

We've ridden our luck in the recent wins v Bournemouth and Hull (largely down to Pickford) and the Leicester game could've gone pear shaped if they'd equalised with a minute to go ( again Pickford).

Obviously Defoe has been instrumental but Anichebe has been massive. Confidence is growing and it's all looking a lot rosier than a month ago. Keep the faith

That is what i mean though, he has learned what works and what doesnt with the players he had and we are now seeing the benefits on the pitch. He has changed things that were not working and it had made us better, this will be an ongoing thing and there will always be things that arent working as we arent very good

I have never said i wanted moyes sacked like but i did question some of the things he did in the opening 10 games

My response wasn't aimed at you in particular mate, more an attempt to clarify where I stand in the face of a narrative that's appeared on here since our resurgence. The one that suggests our sack the fucker now busted flush has suddenly learned how to manage over the past three weeks. You know the score, the one that says "I'm not an impatient child throwing a tantrum, I'm as clued up as they come, he was shite and Short should have listened to me and sacked him". :)

We had just beat Stoke 2-0 at home and were sitting 4th bottom on 12 points amazing how similar it is after 14 games this season.

Was it after that Stoke win we went on a horrendous run?

9 more wins i reckon this season
That was the most comfortable win I'd seen from us in a long time and at that point I was convinced we'd cracked it. Then yes, we went on that run and looked hopeless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back