This point last season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairly obvious to anyone with a brain.

Two managers fail to sign a player under one man's ownership. One if whom worked with player for a season and had most of the summer to sign him.
No it isn't. There is lots and lots you and I have no idea about regarding the intricacies of any potential deal.

You can make assumptions and form an opinion from that.

It's your best guess, that's all it is. Anyone with half a brain knows an assumption may not necessarily be the truth.

We had just beat Stoke 2-0 at home and were sitting 4th bottom on 12 points amazing how similar it is after 14 games this season.

Was it after that Stoke win we went on a horrendous run?

9 more wins i reckon this season
Lost 5 in a row between stoke 2-0 and villa 3-1.

What unadulterated bollox.
Moyes inherited a very very good squad that was playing top 8 football over the last dozen games.
He was gappy to let kaboul, mvila and yedlin go.
He was given 30 m to spend to replace them and bought shite mostly

Give over. He didn't have M'vila, Yedlin to let go and he's not had three of his more senior central midfielders for the best part of the season.

He inherited a "very very good squad" that had one f***ing striker :lol:

No it isn't. There is lots and lots you and I have no idea about regarding the intricacies of any potential deal.

You can make assumptions and form an opinion from that.

It's your best guess, that's all it is. Anyone with half a brain knows an assumption may not necessarily be the truth.

Wasting your time mate. Someone posted today that Short 'eased Henderson out'.
People see decisions they don't like and then imagine themselves in the room listening to the private and complex discussions behind them. Then they come up with the only name they know to 'blame'.

Wasting your time mate. Someone posted today that Short 'eased Henderson out'.
People see decisions they don't like and then imagine themselves in the room listening to the private and complex discussions behind them. Then they come up with the only name they know to 'blame'.

Allardyce didn't sign him despite playing him all the time and having most of the Summer to get him but somehow it's Moyes fault, despite him only having six weeks. Only on here :lol:

It may be speculation that it was due to Short, but there's more evidence to suggest that than to say it was cos Moyes didn't fancy him. Remember the fact the previous manager didn't sign him either, despite clearly being a big fan of the player

Last edited:
We had just beat Stoke 2-0 at home and were sitting 4th bottom on 12 points amazing how similar it is after 14 games this season.

Was it after that Stoke win we went on a horrendous run?
Nah. Horrendous run started a few month before Keano left.

He has been without Kirchhoff, Larsson, Cattermole and Borini.

Kaboul and M'Vila are enormous misses though. Really short sighted those decisions.
He's had to deal with the Kone saga too (very well), Januzaj's injury, Mannone's injury (although that's turned out to be a blessing in retrospect), and now McNair and Watmore. I don't think you can blame him for Kaboul, and M'Vila was all to do between the two clubs' valuation, once a manager identifies a player that's all he can do, upto other people at the club after that, which I really don't like. Manager should be in charge of everything

You pissed? Allardyce shipped so many out in the summer we were down to sixteen. The only member of the squad Moyes sold was Kaboul. You only weaken a squad when you sell players and replace them with worse. He didn't as the only player he sold was Kaboul.
I dont think Allardyce should be blamed for shipping out players in the summer, for 2 reasons:
(1) I reckon it was Bain's work, not Allardyce's
(2) If you look at the list of players Bain shipped out, he should be praised not criticized. I don't care that the squad was 'down' to 16. In reality it was sized down to the realistic squad Allardyce was actually working with (apart from losing the aforementioned loan players)

I do however agree with your reasoning re Moyes. He did not weaken the squad.
Moyes inherited a weak squad, and his initial purchases did not have the fast impact we needed them to, so intitially Moyes failed to strengthen. However, some of them (Djillibodji, Ndong, and of course Anichebe who was fantastic value at £0) are now coming into their own a little.

I dont think Allardyce should be blamed for shipping out players in the summer, for 2 reasons:
(1) I reckon it was Bain's work, not Allardyce's
(2) If you look at the list of players Bain shipped out, he should be praised not criticized. I don't care that the squad was 'down' to 16. In reality it was sized down to the realistic squad Allardyce was actually working with (apart from losing the aforementioned loan players)

I do however agree with your reasoning re Moyes. He did not weaken the squad.
Moyes inherited a weak squad, and his initial purchases did not have the fast impact we needed them to, so intitially Moyes failed to strengthen. However, some of them (Djillibodji, Ndong, and of course Anichebe who was fantastic value at £0) are now coming into their own a little.

Wasnt blaming Allardyce mate, more pointing out that people are wrong in thinking Moyes inherited the squad that finished last season. It was far from it.

Bollocks he took over a squad late in the window when the previous manager left us in the lurch. We had a good finish to last season but we do that every season then struggle the following season. Happy to let Kaboul go !! He wanted to go for personal reasons, yedlin n mvilla weren't ours to let go. Yedlin was that good he's now playing championship football. To add to that Moyes has had to deal with a big injury list

He didn't take it late in the window at all like why do people keep saying it?

He got the job after 1 pre-season game didn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back