The Sunderland Tall Ships Race.

The problem with the tall ships is that, unless you’ve got all day to sit watching them coming in and going out again, they are just sitting around doing nothing. Went to see them in Newcastle and it was shite.
Got to admit, its certainly something I'm not that arsed about seeing to be honest.

I will of course show my face and have a look around to support the event, especially the food stalls etc.

Got to admit, its certainly something I'm not that arsed about seeing to be honest.

I will of course show my face and have a look around to support the event, especially the food stalls etc.
The food and drink was all I enjoyed. The ships were ok I suppose but there was some cracking food and booze on sale

I thought the Hartlepool one was great but it's more about the entertainment and food stalls etc that they have. The ships are nice to have a little look at but me bairns are not going to give a shit about that.

to be fair, apart from going to see the ships themselves ive no idea what else is going on that weekend as a spin off to the tall ships ?
Summer Streets Festival is on the Saturday. Free music festival with loads of food and drink stalls plus stuff to do for the kids.
Logon or register to see this image

Loads of other stuff over the week. The Friday night event will be spectacular.
What's on | Tall Ships

Shite. Best bit is seeing them arriving and f***ing off. Rest of it is a fuck on parking, it's rammed and costs a fortune for anything. Hopefully I don't miss any World Cup getting dragged to it

I unfortunately still remember having to work the Gateshead one which was a horrendous experience. Probably has far better entertainment these days. I was 'attached' to a very dubious storyteller and god awful children's activities. Absolute hell.

Back