The Outside Noise

Newcastle but that’s not the point you’re really making. The fact that we average 10-15k higher than anyone else shows the sized of our club. We have no right On this basis to be in the prem but I don’t think anyone can argue a fan base this size deserves to be there.
Newcastle were struggling to get 40k in the premier until Ashley gave 10k away because he realised how bad it looked.

After everything that has happened since New Year’s Day (never mind the last 50 years), is there another club in world football capable of getting an attendance of 41,394 in the second tier?

When the owner and manager both engage fully with that support, and truly get what it means, then our club is unstoppable. In my 50 years watching the lads, it’s happened twice. Murray with Reid. Quinn with Keane.
It will not happen with these owners.

Regardless, a club in the second tier , pretty fresh out of the third with little to nothing to shout about for decades on decades, 41k is ridiculous and pretty much unrivalled anywhere. I’d like to hear of alternatives.
Schalke and Hamburger SV

Last edited:
After everything that has happened since New Year’s Day (never mind the last 50 years), is there another club in world football capable of getting an attendance of 41,394 in the second tier?

When the owner and manager both engage fully with that support, and truly get what it means, then our club is unstoppable. In my 50 years watching the lads, it’s happened twice. Murray with Reid. Quinn with Keane.
I always find these type of posts a bit strange for patting ourselves on the back for going to watch the team we support. We have very good support irrespective of what league we are in, what position in the league we are or what's going on in the boardroom. Remember we support the team and not the regime (famous quote!).

Looked a lot more than when we played Hull at home .
The actual attendances given against Newcastle in the cup and Boro in the league looked to me as if everybody turned up. Unfortunately the team didn't perform with 11 men against Newcastle and 10 against Boro. If and it's a big if we reach the play offs it will sell out and everyone will turn up. The flip side is 20% of season tickets holders won't turn up if Coventry and Hull at home performances and results become the norm. Hopefully some signings this week will give the team a chance and we will see whether Beale can coach them. Ekwah enjoyed taking a couple of bows yesterday after his goal instead of falling asleep 3 weeks ago against Newcastle 30 seconds into the second half of that debacle. Maybe Beale is playing him in the formation which suits him and a few of the other players.

Back