The Outside Noise

A few lads who stand with us didn’t go today with season tickets. I imagine it was the same across the ground. To say it’s 41k is an absolute joke on our selves

Ah so those lads and others are what we mean by the “outside noise” hope they enjoy their new free weekends , just tell them they aren’t welcome back when things start going well again.

It was like the chapel of rest in the first half until the goal, the football from both sides was turgid

Oh I don’t know Penrod. It was a bit messy at times but both sides tried to play some nice stuff…. But then again I might be using Hull as a benchmark.
Second half I was really happy with how we played, we were far harder to defend against and no one had a bad game

Name a manager / coach who has had long term success on the field who hasn’t had a strong connection with the fans off the pitch?
That goes without saying who doesn't like a winning manager .
The thread is saying once the owner and manager love the supporters etc we'll win stuff? Surely the football will win stuff
A few lads who stand with us didn’t go today with season tickets. I imagine it was the same across the ground. To say it’s 41k is an absolute joke on our selves
Every club reads the attendance out
Every club counts tickets sold
Are we turning this into a safc scandal too now ?

Last edited:
After everything that has happened since New Year’s Day (never mind the last 50 years), is there another club in world football capable of getting an attendance of 41,394 in the second tier?

When the owner and manager both engage fully with that support, and truly get what it means, then our club is unstoppable. In my 50 years watching the lads, it’s happened twice. Murray with Reid. Quinn with Keane.
We got nowhere near as a few boycotted cos we're only in the play offs In our second season. After finishing in the play offs in our first season

I can't believe we didn't boycoutt harder

Do you think that there would be 41k at a Newcastle game against Stoke if they were a second division team who had spent 4 years in L1, then in the past 3 weeks had lost 3-0 at home to Sunderland (having been to move their fans from the Gallowgate), followed by horrific performances (whilst losing) to Ipswich and Hull?
Not a chance.

I’d say more like 39k through the turnstiles, but reading this place beforehand I expected an awful atmosphere and more like 30k there. I could hear the fans signing stood in the queue for the turnstile and felt like the crowd got behind the lads from minute one. Maybe the shit online is just that, noise.
The attendances are a lie.
It's tickets sold.

Officially only 3k less today than the Mags.

Should just scrap the whole thing or give the correct number.
I think it’s to do with financial reporting and probably some kind of health and safety thing.

Last edited:
I agree.
Frustrating thing is this should be the easy bit - it’s not that hard to engage with the fans. I also don’t think Beale has made any real attempt to connect with the fans/
On about this yesterday I’m not to even fussed about him ‘connecting’ it would seem false from him anyway
Just improve the side and win some matches would do for me

After everything that has happened since New Year’s Day (never mind the last 50 years), is there another club in world football capable of getting an attendance of 41,394 in the second tier?

When the owner and manager both engage fully with that support, and truly get what it means, then our club is unstoppable. In my 50 years watching the lads, it’s happened twice. Murray with Reid. Quinn with Keane.
They don’t have to engage with them. They’ll keep showing up and accepting whatever meagre fare is served up
What’s he meant to do and what have others done?
Not insult them

Back