The Outside Noise

The attendances are a lie.
It's tickets sold.

Officially only 3k less today than the Mags.

Should just scrap the whole thing or give the correct number.
Other than the north west upper, some gaps in the Stoke end and some in the Prem Concourse, there was no notable space yesterday and the lower bowl was largely rammed.

Tremendous crowd again, was clearly more people than there were seats where I was in the South Stand.

I agree.
Frustrating thing is this should be the easy bit - it’s not that hard to engage with the fans. I also don’t think Beale has made any real attempt to connect with the fans/
Thing is, he's in a no win situating. He knows the fans stance on him so if he tries to force the issue, he's on a hiding to nothing so the best thing he can do is try to get results and get the fans inside. We're a fickle bunch and another few good results... Who knows?

Newcastle but that’s not the point you’re really making. The fact that we average 10-15k higher than anyone else shows the sized of our club. We have no right On this basis to be in the prem but I don’t think anyone can argue a fan base this size deserves to be there.
They struggled to get 41k in the prem when Ashleigh was in charge, they call it a boycott thou so doesn’t count apparently

Other than the north west upper, some gaps in the Stoke end and some in the Prem Concourse, there was no notable space yesterday and the lower bowl was largely rammed.

Tremendous crowd again, was clearly more people than there were seats where I was in the South Stand.
Wasn't rammed. Gaps, and seats all over the place. Nowhere near as busy and full as skunks game. Probably about 33k.
Because it's pointless. The number is wrong.

Last edited:
After everything that has happened since New Year’s Day (never mind the last 50 years), is there another club in world football capable of getting an attendance of 41,394 in the second tier?

When the owner and manager both engage fully with that support, and truly get what it means, then our club is unstoppable. In my 50 years watching the lads, it’s happened twice. Murray with Reid. Quinn with Keane.
Not for the first time this season, there was no where near 41,000 there on Saturday, despite whatever tickets are sold, 41K did not go through the turnstiles!

Thing is, he's in a no win situating. He knows the fans stance on him so if he tries to force the issue, he's on a hiding to nothing so the best thing he can do is try to get results and get the fans inside. We're a fickle bunch and another few good results... Who knows?
Yes I didn’t want him and still don’t but I also think some of the reaction has been horrible and if he proves me wrong I’d be delighted.
I just don’t think he will this little boost of positivity was a home win against probably the worst team we’ve seen at the SOL fire two years

They giving over the attendance of tickets sold, fuck me, people will whinge over anything. I know of 5 season ticket holders who couldn’t make it today, but at least they showed their support in getting a season ticket
Yep in a similar boat . Manage 7/8 home fixtures a season based on distance to stadium , family commitments etc . We have 5 season tickets though

Back