The dentist

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has that got to do with it? :lol:

I go to work. I pay tax, national insurance. I contribute to society. That's all there is to it, really.

There are a lot of things said on here about folk on benefits, a lot of them are just people's opinion, no figures, no facts. Who are these people who see it as a lifestyle choice? How many are there? Why do they do it? How does everyone seemingly know of their existence and that there are increasing numbers of them but without showing their working out?

We pay twice for NHS services.

It's free to see your dentist but the treatment isn't free. That's the same for doctors.

You fucked around doing 2 stupid degrees wasting resources and now sit on your arse scanning invoices all day drinking tea, you are probably on par with a person on benefits in terms of net contribution

While still in the eu utilise the ability to move and get it cheaper - irs massive business

Boob jobs are the same iirc

So you can recharge to nhs?

You fucked around doing 2 stupid degrees wasting resources and now sit on your arse scanning invoices all day drinking tea, you are probably on par with a person on benefits in terms of net contribution

So you can recharge to nhs?

Well the university paid my fees and rent for my second one, and I had a job for living expenses which included paying tax :lol:

I also pay my loan back on top of tax and NI so nice try RC :lol:

What has that got to do with it? :lol:

I go to work. I pay tax, national insurance. I contribute to society. That's all there is to it, really.

There are a lot of things said on here about folk on benefits, a lot of them are just people's opinion, no figures, no facts. Who are these people who see it as a lifestyle choice? How many are there? Why do they do it? How does everyone seemingly know of their existence and that there are increasing numbers of them but without showing their working out?

We pay twice for NHS services.

It's free to see your dentist but the treatment isn't free. That's the same for doctors.
Unless you live in a gated community you'll see these people everyday. I haven't got facts or figures on how many exist but they do. As for why they do it? Pure bone idleness and the sense of entitlement that the world owes them a living.

Unless you live in a gated community you'll see these people everyday. I haven't got facts or figures on how many exist but they do. As for why they do it? Pure bone idleness and the sense of entitlement that the world owes them a living.

I don't see any of these people. That doesn't mean they don't exist mind. I just can't fathom the idea that you've worked out how many of these people exist, that there's more of them around than they used to be, and their motivation for doing what they do.

How would that work?

If someone gets, say, £140 a week in benefits, that's about 20hrs of work at the NMW. I'd be more than happy to see people on benefits perform some kind of community service to earn their benefits.

Source for that bud?
The chief ex of one of our hospitals

Do you have a link to a story, an article, a newspaper headline or something?
No ,it was said in the privacy of just me and them .
Told me that the government will privatise the nhs ,slowerly but surely .

I don't see any of these people. That doesn't mean they don't exist mind. I just can't fathom the idea that you've worked out how many of these people exist, that there's more of them around than they used to be, and their motivation for doing what they do.
There are more around because years ago benefits were seen as stopgap to help out between jobs, now it's seen (by some) as a way of funding a lifestyle without the need to work for it.
Because they don't have to worry about earning the money to pay for them it's easy for benefits parents to have large families which then snowballs into the next generation then the next and so on. We'll get to a point where there aren't enough people working to pay for those who don't want to.

What do you do that makes you privy to the inner workings of the NHS and a confidant of hospital executives?

Can't say,nothing flash or owt but it does put me in positions were I deal with some very important people.

There are more around because years ago benefits were seen as stopgap to help out between jobs, now it's seen (by some) as a way of funding a lifestyle without the need to work for it.
Because they don't have to worry about earning the money to pay for them it's easy for benefits parents to have large families which then snowballs into the next generation then the next and so on. We'll get to a point where there aren't enough people working to pay for those who don't want to.

Why? What's changed? What have you got to support this claim?

You've said a load of things which may or may not be true but presented absolutely nothing to support what you're saying.

Inter-generational benefits families who've never worked?

• Even two generations of complete worklessness in the same family was very rare.
  • There was no evidence of 'a culture of worklessness' – values, attitudes and behaviours discouraging employment and encouraging welfare dependency – in the families taking part in the research.
  • Working-age offspring remained strongly committed to conventional values about work and were keen to avoid the poverty and worklessness experienced by their parents.

https://www.jrf.org.uk/report/are-cultures-worklessness-passed-down-generations

I don't know where you've got these ideas from. I really don't. The news, maybe? It's in the interests of the media to create a moral panic regarding benefits claimants. It makes money for the newspapers and TV stations peddling stories and TV programmes like

- Strictly Come Benefits
- I'm a Benefit Claimant, Get Me Out of Here and Onto the Next Flight to Benidorm
- Benefitstation XXX

and so on.

Can't say,nothing flash or owt but it does put me in positions were I deal with some very important people.

Okay well it's total hearsay and I'm sure you'll agree.

I had tea with David Cameron last night and he told me that David Icke was right and then went outside to eat midgies with his lizard tongue.

Well the university paid my fees and rent for my second one, and I had a job for living expenses which included paying tax :lol:

I also pay my loan back on top of tax and NI so nice try RC :lol:

So you wasted the university's money? And taxpayers covered you're loan which you will be paying back at a trivial rate

You've said a load of things which may or may not be true but presented absolutely nothing to support what you're saying.

• Even two generations of complete worklessness in the same family was very rare.
  • There was no evidence of 'a culture of worklessness' – values, attitudes and behaviours discouraging employment and encouraging welfare dependency – in the families taking part in the research.
  • Working-age offspring remained strongly committed to conventional values about work and were keen to avoid the poverty and worklessness experienced by their parents.

I don't know where you've got these ideas from. I really don't. The news, maybe? It's in the interests of the media to create a moral panic regarding benefits claimants. It makes money for the newspapers and TV stations peddling stories and TV programmes like

- Strictly Come Benefits
- I'm a Benefit Claimant, Get Me Out of Here and Onto the Next Flight to Benidorm
- Benefitstation XXX

and so on.

I had tea with David Cameron last night and he told me that David Icke was right and then went outside to eat midgies with his lizard tongue.
It is yes,that's if people choose not to believe me .

So you wasted the university's money? And taxpayers covered you're loan which you will be paying back at a trivial rate

No, I applied for the money and they gave me it. I then passed the course they paid me to take.

I'm sure you make a great contribution to society mate. I'm very pleased for you. Keep up paying me through university and that.

It is yes,that's if people choose not to believe me .

Well it's hearsay regardless of whether or not they believe you.

No, I applied for the money and they gave me it. I then passed the course they paid me to take.

I'm sure you make a great contribution to society mate. I'm very pleased for you. Keep up paying me through university and that.

Ok,don't you agree that the nhs is at breaking point for whatever reason and that its future will involve privatisation in some form .?

Ok,don't you agree that the nhs is at breaking point for whatever reason and that its future will involve privatisation in some form .?

I believe that the NHS is underfunded due to the political and economical ideology of the current government. The NHS is already privatised to an extent in that there are private companies operating within it and supplying it with staff and being paid for this.

I believe that a Tory government in the future will attempt to privatise the NHS. That does not mean it will succeed.

Unemployment is in no way, shape or form responsible for putting NHS services at 'breaking point'

- Strictly Come Benefits
- Benefitstation XXX

and so on.

It's called having life experience, every debate on here is easy to Google to get a link to back your opinion for or against. I live amongst these people, i sit with them in the club, I've got family friends like this. As long as benefits is a viable option there will be people who choose not to work.

Yup and you wasted it. You love the current system cos it means you can fuck about and get looked after for nowt.

Don't rise to the bait Adam

It's called having life experience, every debate on here is easy to Google to get a link to back your opinion for or against. I live amongst these people, i sit with them in the club, I've got family friends like this. As long as benefits is a viable option there will be people who choose not to work.

Ah right we're back to that old chestnut.

Frijj! You can't possibly be right. You used Google to find evidence from a systematic piece of research to say that I'm wrong?

This can't possibly be! You're just too young to understand.

Fucks sake man. Laughable.

I have never said there aren't some who don't work. I never said they don't exist. The f***ing thing I showed you says that these people do exist just not in the huge numbers that people like you seem to think they do and then when challenged on it you provide the square root of bugger all to prove it other than saying you know loads of them.

You're the same kind of person who thinks research based on small sample sizes can't be true because they don't ask enough people, well that's exactly what you're doing, you're projecting your anecdotal and entirely subjective life experience onto everyone who isn't in work across the country.

Yup and you wasted it. You love the current system cos it means you can fuck about and get looked after for nowt.

Don't rise to the bait Adam

:lol:

Who looks after me like? I work full time and pay my own way. Sorry buddy I know that must be hard for you to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back