The dentist

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do you do about career benefit recipients? Deny them dental treatment after so long? What if they can't get a job, get a dental infection and then end up being rushed to the hospital for emergency treatment?

I think we should re introduce a barter system where they exchange services for treatment. Only those who are genuinely incapable of working can then contribute in some form.

I have a choice, I choose to work and pay my way. They also have a choice, if they want their nashers fixed, then expect to do something in return.

Take that fuel allowance off the old fookers too, the cold will soon make em save a bit for bills.

I'm all for kicking wankers who don't want to work, but kicking everyone is a bit daft

You are just making stuff up now, nobody mentioned winter fuel allowance

Why not it's as daft a suggestion as yours, I'm sure 99% of the poor fookers who use a free dentist service would prefer to pay

It is dafter. You said "kicking everybody". We aren't, we are kicking scratters on the take. Nobody mentioned pensioners you knacker

It is dafter. You said "kicking everybody". We aren't, we are kicking scratters on the take. Nobody mentioned pensioners you knacker
And how exactly do you pick scratter from poor fooker who can't get a job Einstein

....and there's plenty of old folks sunning themselves abroad in retirement, they deserve fuel allowances?

I think we should re introduce a barter system where they exchange services for treatment. Only those who are genuinely incapable of working can then contribute in some form.

I have a choice, I choose to work and pay my way. They also have a choice, if they want their nashers fixed, then expect to do something in return.

How would that work?

If someone gets, say, £140 a week in benefits, that's about 20hrs of work at the NMW. I'd be more than happy to see people on benefits perform some kind of community service to earn their benefits.

This^

They have the NHS on its knees ,when it privatised they will be the 1st to complain .No sense of responsibility to themselves or their family .

Source for that bud?

How would that work?

Not too far away from your second contribution:

If someone gets, say, £140 a week in benefits, that's about 20hrs of work at the NMW. I'd be more than happy to see people on benefits perform some kind of community service to earn their benefits.

Cost of dental treatment to be paid for, at a reasonable and nationally recognised hourly rate, by contributing to society/ the local community for 'y' hours.
By virtue of bring unemployed, they should have the time to do this.

Great system where the taxpayer pays out of their earnings to fund the NHS then pays again when they actually need to use it. As long as the wasters are looked after eh.

I think there is meant to be some kind of deterrent built into the Dental charges, to encourage good dental health. Some advocate similar for general NHS services.
The long term unemployed with their very low income, despite what some think, will of course be exempt, and as they are very probably the most unhealthy, partially "self inflicted", the deterrent effect is mostly lost.

I think the dental charges & prescriptions are very financially inefficient to administer, and, as with prescriptions outside of England, should be abolished.

I can't help but laugh at the vitriol directed at people on benefits mate. It's becoming a regular occurrence on here.
Obviously not everyone on benefits should be tarred with the same brush but there is an increasing number of people who see benefits as a lifestyle choice and have no intention of ever working for a living.
My comment on this thread was basically I'm paying twice for dental treatment whilst others pay nothing.

You would say that, you earn fuck all doing an easy job

What has that got to do with it? :lol:

I go to work. I pay tax, national insurance. I contribute to society. That's all there is to it, really.

Obviously not everyone on benefits should be tarred with the same brush but there is an increasing number of people who see benefits as a lifestyle choice and have no intention of ever working for a living.
My comment on this thread was basically I'm paying twice for dental treatment whilst others pay nothing.

There are a lot of things said on here about folk on benefits, a lot of them are just people's opinion, no figures, no facts. Who are these people who see it as a lifestyle choice? How many are there? Why do they do it? How does everyone seemingly know of their existence and that there are increasing numbers of them but without showing their working out?

We pay twice for NHS services.

It's free to see your dentist but the treatment isn't free. That's the same for doctors.

While still in the eu utilise the ability to move and get it cheaper - irs massive business

Boob jobs are the same iirc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back