Sunderland AFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding that it's Poyet who isn't keen on Ki.

Ok the what about Ji then?
In my opinion, on that occasion the DOF would've been entitled to overrule the manager, which was PDC at the time.
Going by past history the DOF should've collected the £5million. Then the manager says he's been over ruled. It's a no win situation with everyone pointing the finger at each other.
Then you've got Maggie Byrne, who's supposed to have the final say over all of them. Even she would've been entitled to cash in Ji but what about situations which are closer to call?
How the f**k is this going to work?

In my opinion, on that occasion the DOF would've been entitled to overrule the manager, which was PDC at the time.
Going by past history the DOF should've collected the £5million. Then the manager says he's been over ruled. It's a no win situation with everyone pointing the finger at each other.
Then you've got Maggie Byrne, who's supposed to have the final say over all of them. Even she would've been entitled to cash in Ji but what about situations which are closer to call?
You're really upset about absolutely nowt.

Most clubs work with a DOF these days, that isn't the problem.

What is the "Ki situation"?

Poyet has given Congerton a very specific list of players. It ties his hands a lot. But if Poyet was in charge of the transfers, he'd be having the exact same difficulties/results.

What is the "Ki situation"?

Poyet has given Congerton a very specific list of players. It ties his hands a lot. But if Poyet was in charge of the transfers, he'd be having the exact same difficulties/results.

Ji is a better example as it's already happened.
An offer comes in which most agree we should've accepted and the manager over rules/stops the sale. If that's the case should the DOF be given a different title, because he's clearly directing f**k all.

I'll put it to you hypothetically. If PDC wanted to keep Ki would you overrule him based on what you'd seen yourself previously and the figure involved??

Taking the Ki transfer/none transfer as an example. Who has the final say when things like this happen, Director of Football or Manager?
If it's the manager then the DOF needs a new job title and duties. If it's the DOF then surely he must have a strong football grounding.
The Ki situation or similar will happen again to a greater or lesser degree, it's almost inevitable.
The same stuff over and over. Are you not getting enough attention on one thread so you start another one?

I blame the breweries for closing so many pubs and unleashing so many football bores on the community.

It doesn't matter who's director of football, if you haven't got the wage
Bill and transfer funds to back it up then you're on to a loser.

Di Fanti and Angeloni were the best thing since sliced bread before they came here but had to settle for free transfers or relatively cheap foreign lads.

As much as I despise PDC, he always stated he wanted an English
CM which was obviously Huddlestone.

The job description is simple for a dof, take the heat for the chairman a la kinnear, di fanti and congerton.

The more people in the loop the easier it is to point the finger.
It becomes very blurred when a DOF can ultimately overrule a manager on football matters, especially with no in depth knowledge of the game.

The more people in the loop the easier it is to point the finger.
It becomes very blurred when a DOF can ultimately overrule a manager on football matters, especially with no in depth knowledge of the game.
It could be that poyet and congerton are on the same page and ellis is undermining everything. Im sure he didnt expect the massive spike in transfer fees this summer.

Does anyone have a job where they don't have a Job Description, Accountability and Performance Targets?

I understand the club's a private company but it'd be great to see who the f**k is supposed to be doing what and what they're getting measured by. It's more f**king secretive than the Magic Circle.
I can't think of any other business that operates like this, it's a complete f**king shambles.

Does anyone have a job where their goals and performance metrics and made available to all and sundry

It could be that poyet and congerton are on the same page and ellis is undermining everything. Im sure he didnt expect the massive spike in transfer fees this summer.

And i'm absolutely f**king certain he expected the huge increase in TV money. It was obvious to anyone with half a brain the prices would go up.

Ji is a better example as it's already happened.
An offer comes in which most agree we should've accepted and the manager over rules/stops the sale. If that's the case should the DOF be given a different title, because he's clearly directing f**k all.

I'll put it to you hypothetically. If PDC wanted to keep Ki would you overrule him based on what you'd seen yourself previously and the figure involved??

I think it's important to get away from this attitude of a hierarchy between the DoF and coach. When I met Lee Congerton, he was very strong in stressing that his role and the coach, whoever it may be, form a team and work alongside each other. He said he was there to assist, not overrule. I think the bulk of his responsibilities are with the academy and preparing properly for the next window. Crucial point though, is that with a Director of Football or Sporting Director or whatever they are called, they all have a long-term remit, so it's impossible to judge them in the short term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back