Sunderland AFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

The people running this club need a huge shake up.
We need some personalities in there whose words have a bit of clout in the world of football. We need potential signings to be able to "buy into" the club. Not to mention the virtually non existent interface with the supporters.

This current set up is very flat, it's very grey and it's f**king clueless.
Are you not talking about them up the road that I suspect u support?

We need some personalities in there whose words have a bit of clout in the world of football. We need potential signings to be able to "buy into" the club. Not to mention the virtually non existent interface with the supporters.

We could be Platini and Blatter's happy place...

We've agreed a 14m fee for Borini - Gus is being backed. If Borini doesn't come it's as much down to Gus's vision as Congerton.

It's a start, but signing Borini isn't improving from last season. Even if we get Alonso in, we've still got the same squad.

We need another 5 quality signings on top of the 3 loanies from last season IMHO

I'm not really going anywhere with it. I'm just f**king sick of watching us roll around the seas like a huge oil tanker with no engine and no tiller. We're just getting blown around whichever way the wind takes us. Sooner or later we'll hit the rocks.

What makes you say that? Just because Borini might not sign?

I don't recall you posting any of the negative stuff ( certainly not with the current virulence ) about the the club and its hierarchy while Colback was with us.
Is this just one of those quirky coincidences?

I had serious doubts about what went on last close season. Maybe others would back me up in that i repeated many times i couldn't see how we could possibly find so many cheap bargains in other countries. When those countries already have professional scouts and coaches i believed it was very naive to think we'd pull 14 players from under their noses after watching 5 minute youtube clips. I was right.
Having a background in sport i was also very dubious about pulling significant numbers from lower divisions and trying to disprove the "pecking order". It very rarely happened in my experience and again i was right.

I've been upbeat many times when the club's done something right, Vito, Ki etc etc.
I just don't feel enough positive energy around the place to make things happen.

It's a start, but signing Borini isn't improving from last season. Even if we get Alonso in, we've still got the same squad.

We need another 5 quality signings on top of the 3 loanies from last season IMHO
Need to come to terms with the fact that we cant afford 5 quality signings, we are not city, Chelsea etc.
If/when borini does sign and we get Alonso and vergini, that all up will be good business.
Many of the players that have left weren't worth a piece of goatshit .
Colback, Bardsley, Cuellar, Gardner, Vaughan...none of those will be missed in the least.
Ki didn't figure in our 'miracle' run in.
3 or 4 judicious loans and we're far better than last season

In a position to comment, are you?

What knowledge do you have of how the club is being run at the top level, and what experience do you have to know how it should be done?

Ffs just keep your knickers on

Money is more important than having a football 'personality' - it can help in some cases, but money is main attraction 90% of the time.

That's patently not true though. I very much doubt that's why Borini is stalling (if he is)......I honestly believe that for the majority of players it's about the football......who the manager is, the quality of the players he will be playing alongside and the ambition of the club. After all these considerations have been addressed then yes they want the best deal they can get for themselves. I'm talking about next level players for us here.....I fully agree that for donkeys like Diakite and Cabral then indeed it is all about the money.

What makes you say that? Just because Borini might not sign?

To me it's the complete lack of positive energy. Before even a penny was spent Keane brought a positive energy. Keegan brought a positive energy. Quinny might've wasted a bit of money but he brought a belief.
Good new signings need something to believe in.
With regards to Borini i'd be very disappointed if we hadn't sounded him out before we started this mating ritual. I'm still hopeful we have and the deal will go ahead very soon. If not then we need to move on quickly.

Changing this number of players every year is not the way to do it. Not when we've got to chase after every single f**king one of them. There just isn't enough time to do it when you're knocking on their doors, not the other way around.
Call me pessimistic but i'm now starting to question the ability of every player who signs for us straight away and that shouldn't happen.

That's patently not true though. I very much doubt that's why Borini is stalling (if he is)......I honestly believe that for the majority of players it's about the football......who the manager is, the quality of the players he will be playing alongside and the ambition of the club. After all these considerations have been addressed then yes they want the best deal they can get for themselves. I'm talking about next level players for us here.....I fully agree that for donkeys like Diakite and Cabral then indeed it is all about the money.

Fabio is an exception. I believe it to be true for the majority. Neither of us could prove it either way though...

In fact, stick another 20k on what we offered Borini and he'll swim here from the states to sign.

Another pseudo Colback thread.

Indeed. This Borini nonsense is gonna send a few more over the edge, I hope he signs just so the Samaritans have an easy week.

To me it's the complete lack of positive energy. Before even a penny was spent Keane brought a positive energy. Keegan brought a positive energy. Quinny might've wasted a bit of money but he brought a belief.
Good new signings need something to believe in.
With regards to Borini i'd be very disappointed if we hadn't sounded him out before we started this mating ritual. I'm still hopeful we have and the deal will go ahead very soon. If not then we need to move on quickly.

Changing this number of players every year is not the way to do it. Not when we've got to chase after every single f**king one of them. There just isn't enough time to do it when you're knocking on their doors, not the other way around.
Call me pessimistic but i'm now starting to question the ability of every player who signs for us straight away and that shouldn't happen.

That does come across as a bit pessimistic like even though you're a new age hippy. "see positive energy comment"

You do make a couple of valid observations though.

I had serious doubts about what went on last close season. Maybe others would back me up in that i repeated many times i couldn't see how we could possibly find so many cheap bargains in other countries. When those countries already have professional scouts and coaches i believed it was very naive to think we'd pull 14 players from under their noses after watching 5 minute youtube clips. I was right.
Having a background in sport i was also very dubious about pulling significant numbers from lower divisions and trying to disprove the "pecking order". It very rarely happened in my experience and again i was right.

I've been upbeat many times when the club's done something right, Vito, Ki etc etc.
I just don't feel enough positive energy around the place to make things happen.

:lol: Gerrin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back