Stoke 8th on 42 points.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 26
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Really, really wanted him instead of O'Neill. An excellent manager at exceeding expectations at lower Premier League level when he has a limited budget. He's only spent £5.5m in his time at Stoke so far with the vast majority being successes.

To be fair he's been poor at every other club bar stoke

He was superb at Blackburn and finished 8th in his one season with Fulham.

Such a typical moaning thread...

'Why didn't we get Mark Hughes when he was available, waaaaah, I'm so distraught, I wish we were Stoke, I have no recollection of the horrific reputation Hughes had after his stint at QPR, waaaah :cry::cry::cry::cry:'

Stoke have slowly improved their squad whilst ours has declined.
Begovic, Arnautovic, Moses, N'Zonzi, Shawcross, Bojan and possibly Ireland would all get in our team.

Another shite club that has passed us by.

Bardsley not good enough for us though.
Really?

He'd do a ten times better job for us than Vergini did at RB last night.

Stoke have been an example of how we should have ran the club the last couple of seasons.

Don't spend much, keep the wage bill down, get a manager that gets results, do things steadily.

People knock Stoke but they've been very good since coming up in 2008 I think. Firstly under Pulis, now even more so under Hughes. Rather jealous.

I wanted him ahead of O'Neill. Not only did I get stick at the time, but people also kept bumping the thread when MON was having his great initial spell to give me further grief.

We'd have still been shite under Hughes as well mind...

But God forbid you bring it up when you turned out to be spot on mate.

Travelling back from the game against City when he'd just been sacked by them out of the blue I said we should peddle Bruce and give him the Job. Harshly judged at City by owners who didn't want him and zero compensation to pay.

When it seemed a toss up between him and MON I said I'd rather have MON purely because of the agents Hughes would have lining their pockets with our cash.

Good manager if he's at a club that isn't able to be fleeced and the parasites stay away.

As already mentioned Stoke were a stable club when he came in, Poyet inherited an absolute disaster thanks to di fanti and di canio.

At the time his track record was absolutelly awful, yeah he's came good at Stoke but doesn't mean we were wrong to say he was shit.
Was it?
Decent job at Wales.
Good Job at Blackburn.
Doing ok at city.
Poor at QPR.
That's not an awful track record mind.

Weird how Bardsley is first choice for a team that already has 42 points

he is shite though, not good enough for us

Good job we have the mighty Rev, Vergini and Billy Jones.

Stoke have been an example of how we should have ran the club the last couple of seasons.

Don't spend much, keep the wage bill down, get a manager that gets results, do things steadily.

People knock Stoke but they've been very good since coming up in 2008 I think. Firstly under Pulis, now even more so under Hughes. Rather jealous.

To be fair, over the past 5 seasons Stoke have a higher net spend than us.

I cant stand Hughes as a person but he is doing a very good job considering how much Stoke have spent since he has been there.

Was it?
Decent job at Wales.
Good Job at Blackburn.
Doing ok at city.
Poor at QPR.
That's not an awful track record mind.

Hmmmm.....

Considered to have done a good job for Wales, but didn't qualify for any tournament finals.
Spent well and did well at Blackburn.
Spent huge and considered a massive failure at Man City.
Did well at Fulham, but then walked out.
Failed at QPR.

One thing about Hughes is that he plays compact, highly physical football. He was a good appointment for Stoke as he's a continuation of the Tony Pulis method, whereas we love to rip up the book and start again every 18 months.

Don't forget how he flopped at QPR, Stoke took a chance on him and he's done alright. To be honest though he had everything set up at Stoke before he was there, Stoke were a solid outfit and he hasn't had to change too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back